Which caters more to older passengers: Seabourn, Crystal or Regent?

dcsam

5 hours ago, cruiseej said:

Baby Boomers are 60 to 78 years old. Are you suggesting this is a youth movement, and that "classic customers" are aged 80 and older?? 🤣

I was wondering the same thing.  

Having just returned from 14 days on Quest this week, I can share a few observations. We had 420 +/- pax. 336 from the US and the rest from 15 other countries. I'm 72, reasonable fit and agile. I was surprised at the number of scooters, wheel chairs and rollators (walkers) in use. Ages seemed to skew a bit higher than myself, but we thoroughly enjoyed the company of everyone we either dined with, met on an excursion or met having a cocktail, regardless of age. I think the 6 sea days and Panama Canal being the main attraction would lend itself to an older, less mobile group. 

9 hours ago, cruiseej said:

Baby Boomers are 60 to 78 years old. Are you suggesting this is a youth movement, and that "classic customers" are aged 80 and older?? 🤣

Well, I think retirees in their 60s and 70s with the health, time, and money to take luxury cruises has always been Seabourn's core demographic.  Just now much of that group was born after WW2.  So less big band and more "Dancing Queen".  American businesses have been planning for the bow wave of baby boomer retirees for decades.  2020s and 2030s decades are "peak boomer" for travel.

We think the 3 mentioned lines are similar in their passenger demographics.  Age demographics seem to be more a factor of the length of the cruise (longer cruises tend to attract older passengers), itinerary, and even the time of the year.

I am not sure what "cater to old passengers" means.  It is not so much about age, but about the individual passengers.  Some younger passengers act like ancient folks, and some older folks can be quite youthful.  For example, I am in my mid 70s and routinely go out for 10-12 mile fast walks.  I see many cruisers, younger than me, that have trouble walking from one end of the ship to the other!  We recently met a cruiser, in his 80s, who still runs half-marathons!  

Hank

• Like 2