Trouble signing in.

I have had trouble signing in tonight.

I needed to use my email address( which I knew was going to happen).

However, I needed to confirm my email address, but I tried to do this at least half a dozen times.

Anyone else?

Yes, I had a generic "error" message when I first tried signing in.  Then when I finally was able to sign in, I saw a message at the end of all threads that I had to confirm my e-mail address before I could reply.  I did this...twice...but the message stayed. 

Several hours later it's now working.  The funny part is I've always used my e-mail address to log on, so that's not a change for me, but maybe it didn't have to be confirmed when I first signed up. 

44 minutes ago, Mangrove Snapper said:

Several hours later it's now working.  The funny part is I've always used my e-mail address to log on, so that's not a change for me, but maybe it didn't have to be confirmed when I first signed up. 

I have been using my email address since they started asking for it, then had to log in again, using my username.

When it eventually confirmed my email address I had a message which said ‘Welcome to Cruise Critic, as though I had never used the site before (I’ve been using it for just over 20 years).

Maybe they need to get someone who knows what IT is all about!  I had a few hours to pay for a cruise I had on hold and I couldn't get to first base with ANYTHING.  They had my birthdate wrong.  I couldn't change it.  Said my email and password was wrong.   I couldn't get my husband's name in as the second passenger.  Never mind that we have been sailing with them for 30 years.

I then phoned them and got someone who straightened it out.  About an hour's waste of time with all  this.  Do they want our business or not?