Beach Day with Kids

Shelbyalaine

We will be stopping in St. Lucia in April on a cruise. We are a family of 4 with two young kids - ages 4 and 9. I am looking for suggestions for good beaches to spend the day at with kids or other activities to do with the little ones. Other information that would be valuable is cost for taxis to get to/from suggested beach.

There is an option through the cruise line to do an excursion to Pigeon Island Beach for 3 hours for $146 for all 4 of us, so I am not sure if that is a good deal or if we should just get a local taxi to take us to the beach.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Shelbyalaine

42 minutes ago, Shelbyalaine said:

We will be stopping in St. Lucia in April on a cruise. We are a family of 4 with two young kids - ages 4 and 9. I am looking for suggestions for good beaches to spend the day at with kids or other activities to do with the little ones. Other information that would be valuable is cost for taxis to get to/from suggested beach.

There is an option through the cruise line to do an excursion to Pigeon Island Beach for 3 hours for $146 for all 4 of us, so I am not sure if that is a good deal or if we should just get a local taxi to take us to the beach.

Thanks in advance!

If a beach day is very price sensitive, then there is only one option.   A 20 minute walk, or 5 minutes in a Cab for $10.00 (e/w) takes the whole family to Vigie Beach.  Think beds are $10 for a pair, but have no knowledge of the beds price for little ones.  Toilets $1

Even if $10 for kids beds, the day will be $40
Food and drink available, or take all from the ship like many do.

Link to photos 

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147342-d149163-Reviews-Vigie_Beach-St_Lucia.html

Edited by PORT ROYAL
The day

Addendum.

There is also the very popular option of taking no beds and utilising the ship’s beachTowels.

Many (S.H.T.) have taken the cheapest Vigie Beach day out protocol, by walking there, Towels spread, food/drink browsed from buffet, urinate in the sea (aka going for a swim) walk back, cost Zero.

Not forgetting the chanted mantra “Beaches are free”

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Insert
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

If a beach day is very price sensitive, then there is only one option.   A 20 minute walk, or 5 minutes in a Cab for $10.00 (e/w) takes the whole family to Vigie Beach.  Think beds are $10 for a pair, but have no knowledge of the beds price for little ones.  Toilets $1

Even if $10 for kids beds, the day will be $40
Food and drink available, or take all from the ship like many do.

Link to photos 

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147342-d149163-Reviews-Vigie_Beach-St_Lucia.html

For the love of all that's holy - do not take food off the ship into Port. Unless it's factory sealed packaged foods.  Fresh meats, nuts, cheese, breads, etc - ab absolute no no - in most all ports, including St Lucia. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Like 1

Has anyone snorkeled at this beach?  How is it?

Is the beach rocky?  Will water shoes be a good idea?

I saw the ship excursions for snorkeling state they will walk to a nearby beach to snorkel.  Since I have snorkeling gear, I figure I can save money by just walking to the beach.

Edited by moposh

37 minutes ago, moposh said:

I saw the ship excursions for snorkeling state they will walk to a nearby beach to snorkel.  Since I have snorkeling gear, I figure I can save money by just walking to the beach.

It’s good to visit an island, to enjoy it’s beauty and people and contribute to the local economy.

What goes around……..

2 hours ago, moposh said:

Nah, this isn't one of the snorkeling beaches. Large calm cove. Mostly sandy but water shoes are a good idea..

If you want to snorkel near to port - Pigeon Island, Anse Cochon at Ti Kaye, small reef around Naked Fisherman by Cap, etc. 

• Like 1