Space X launch at same time muster drill is likely tomorrow. Who can I contact to hopefully get the drill time adjusted?

eyern1

43 minutes ago, eyern1 said:

I assure you the post is serious due to the fact of having muster drills occur at various times on my cruises and even having one delayed for several hours so there is no hard and fast rule on exactly when it should occur. As well, it’s a very simple procedure on many ships now whereas it’s a drawn out pain in the butt on others. This is something in this instance that if possibly adjusted 15-30 minutes, it would potentially make a lot of people’s day and probably get some good pr out of it. I guarantee you would never forget the cruise where you saw the rocket launch when someone mentioned it. And no, I don’t feel entitled thank you!

Shaking my head.  Literally, there is a schedule on the cruise ship.  No one, I mean NO ONE, in the cruise line industry gives a hoot about a shuttle launch.  And as a Central Florida resident I couldn't care either; heck, 99% of them are scrubbed.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Morgsmom said:

Shaking my head.  Literally, there is a schedule on the cruise ship.  No one, I mean NO ONE, in the cruise line industry gives a hoot about a shuttle launch.  And as a Central Florida resident I couldn't care either; heck, 99% of them are scrubbed.

Sometimes I go out and look up to watch the rocket pass over ....

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

Were  you locked in your cabin?

There is plenty of open public deck space on both sides of the ship.

You are required to be in your cabin during the muster.  People were told to go to their cabin. 

12 hours ago, Homosassa said:

Were  you locked in your cabin?

There is plenty of open public deck space on both sides of the ship.

That was my initial point. It was held exactly during the launch time. Had our balcony been on the other side, we could have seen the video and the launch. I immediately bugged out after dialing the obligatory muster code number but it was too late by the time I got to an open deck area. To add insult to injury, they sent us a letter saying we didn’t complete the muster drill despite performing all required steps. 

13 hours ago, eyern1 said:

That was my initial point. It was held exactly during the launch time. Had our balcony been on the other side, we could have seen the video and the launch. I immediately bugged out after dialing the obligatory muster code number but it was too late by the time I got to an open deck area. To add insult to injury, they sent us a letter saying we didn’t complete the muster drill despite performing all required steps. 

After the muster video you then have to go in PERSON to your emergency station and have your card scanned.  Did you do that part?

1 hour ago, Morgsmom said:

After the muster video you then have to go in PERSON to your emergency station and have your card scanned.  Did you do that part?

I know on my last cruise we did both and got numerous calls saying we didn't. Even after I contacted Guest Services. 

On 11/11/2023 at 8:10 PM, DaKahuna said:

You seem to forget that theree are other ships that are involved in this process as well.  The departures of cruise ships as well as cargo ships from a major port is a carefully orchestrated process and a delay by one or more ships is not as inconsequential as you may believe. 

Once you have watched the video in your room and dialed the number, you are free to go watch anything.  The worst thing that could happen is if you have to be in your room when the actual launch occurs and your room does not face toward the launch area. 

Which was my concern and what actually happened