Marina Refurbishment

m1k2s3

I’ve searched through this site and cannot find out if/when Marina will be refurbished. I’ve seen a couple of different dates but nothing definitive.

Has the Marina been refurbished or when is it scheduled?

The Marina hasn’t yet been refurbished. She is due to arrive in Venice April 29th then sail from Barcelona May 18th … hopefully. We are due to sail on that cruise but I have read here that the first cruise is June 1st, the day we disembark. 
I will make my own enquiries before I book flights!

Edited by Vallesan

I am also on the May 18th cruise and I doubt that first cruise would be June 1st as they would have to cancel our cruise to allow for dry dock and that has not been done plus blanked out dates for refurbishment are still showing, unless they are expecting refurb to be longer and haven't got round to cancelling our cruise. 

My PCC said that the cruise lines were struggling for dry dock space post covid and they were unlikely to let one slip. Plus Marina was due for a dry dock previously which had to be cancelled so odds are in our favour. I am going glass half full until told otherwise!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, tine-tine said:

I am also on the May 18th cruise and I doubt that first cruise would be June 1st as they would have to cancel our cruise to allow for dry dock and that has not been done plus blanked out dates for refurbishment are still showing, unless they are expecting refurb to be longer and haven't got round to cancelling our cruise. 

My PCC said that the cruise lines were struggling for dry dock space post covid and they were unlikely to let one slip. Plus Marina was due for a dry dock previously which had to be cancelled so odds are in our favour. I am going glass half full until told otherwise!

I’ll take the other half of your glass!

Fingers crossed the refurbishment all works out well.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, MarkWiltonM said:

I also read on this board a couple of weeks ago that when they refurbish Marina they are going to install an Aquamar Kitchen, currently found only on Vista. I hope they eventually do this for every ship. 

We were told the same thing on Vista - Aquamar will replace La Reserve when Marina is in dry dock next Spring.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, basor said:

We were told the same thing on Vista - Aquamar will replace La Reserve when Marina is in dry dock next Spring.

That is good news for us.  Will be on Marina in November and happy to try aquamar.  Another option is always nice.

Just saw this - dated today - 11/21/23 - quotes FDR.  Says refurbishment will be done spring of 2024 - first post-refurbishment cruise will be May 18, 2024.

https://cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/2023/11/oceania-marina-to-undergo-big-refurbishment-in-may-2024/?fbclid=IwAR3zdwJeGoLXC8STklYV7d9jDMUKmzMd5GlY4kyxDEayJdP9aHz4QC7MA6g

Edited by MikeandBobNC
  • Like 1

While I did not notice direct mention of its removal I am thinking sadly, Jacques will be gone. With its lower food cost I am sure Red Ginger is O's preferred choice despite its rather nondescript fusion offerings, the Watermelon Salad excepted.

BTW @MikeandBobNC, in most links the final part of the URL, from and including the question mark, is not required to get to the page and can contain somewhat personally identifiable information. In this case, while not human readable if contains a unique id identifying to F*book (fbclid) so FB can track your web activity, even when you're not logged in. When someone clicks on that URL FB thinks you have checked that page again. And again. You might get some new stuff in your FB feed :).  In some links the data prior to the question mark can be parameters such as data=****, mo=Jan, etc. and those are parameters passed to the web page you are loading so it can get you what you are wanting and usually are necessary, the rest is not and sometimes can reveal some info you might prefer to not publish.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YoHoHo said:

While I did not notice direct mention of its removal I am thinking sadly, Jacques will be gone. With its lower food cost I am sure Red Ginger is O's preferred choice despite its rather nondescript fusion offerings, the Watermelon Salad excepted.

BTW @MikeandBobNC, in most links the final part of the URL, from and including the question mark, is not required to get to the page and can contain somewhat personally identifiable information. In this case, while not human readable if contains a unique id identifying to F*book (fbclid) so FB can track your web activity, even when you're not logged in. When someone clicks on that URL FB thinks you have checked that page again. And again. You might get some new stuff in your FB feed :).  In some links the data prior to the question mark can be parameters such as data=****, mo=Jan, etc. and those are parameters passed to the web page you are loading so it can get you what you are wanting and usually are necessary, the rest is not and sometimes can reveal some info you might prefer to not publish.

Jacques is still on the Riviera. Why would you think they will remove it on Marina?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, shepherd really said:

You would think if that was the case it would have been mentioned.  But it was not, so I think you are assuming something that is not the case.

The article is from a PR piece. Those usually mention positive additions not things being removed.

29 minutes ago, SATaxman said:

Jacques is still on the Riviera. Why would you think they will remove it on Marina?

Jacques is not on Vista which has the new dining areas such as the Aquamar venue. I wonder where they are Fitting in the new dining area in this renovation?

10 minutes ago, YoHoHo said:

The article is from a PR piece. Those usually mention positive additions not things being removed.

Jacques is not on Vista which has the new dining areas such as the Aquamar venue. I wonder where they are Fitting in the new dining area in this renovation?

They are adding Aquamar to Marina? On Vista it is on the other side of the ship from Waves.

22 minutes ago, YoHoHo said:

According to the article it will be where La Reserve is located and those pairings will now be in Privee. 

Edited by EJL2023
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

According to the article it will be where Le Reserva is located and those pairings will now be in Privee. 

Ah, thanks. I enjoyed those wine pairing dinners in that area but as it used to be only in use a few nights as per week, converting it to an every night venue is a good idea and though it will not hold many, the new venue will help to even out the load on the other venues. 

I'm curious to see how they manage the La Reserve concept in the Privee space. Does that mean no more Privee dinners when La Reserve is not offered. Though I was never a fan of the décor we've certainly enjoyed dining with cruise friends there.

3 minutes ago, YoHoHo said:

Ah, thanks. I enjoyed those wine pairing dinners in that area but as it used to be only in use a few nights as per week, converting it to an every night venue is a good idea and though it will not hold many, the new venue will help to even out the load on the other venues. 

On VISTA  Aquamar is not open  for dinner  so I suspect it will be the same  on Marina

They also took over the seating area  outside the La Reserve location  as part of Aquamar

13 minutes ago, SATaxman said:

So Jacques stays?

Sorry, seems my speculation of where Aqaumar venue will go I started this rumour

I did not realize Aqaumar would have such a small capacity (as would it into the La Reserve space vs Jacques). I had assumed (oops) it was a full size dining area like the specialties.

And the idea that Jacques was on the way out came from reading previous threads on CC when Vista was revealed. There were posts that Jacques as a dining room (vs items featured on the GDR menu) was on its way out. I am hopeful it will survive.

3 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

On VISTA  Aquamar is not open  for dinner  so I suspect it will be the same  on Marina

They also took over the seating area  outside the La Reserve location  as part of Aquamar

Including that outdoor space certainly adds to the seating. I imagine it will be a popular place for a lunch.