Are there ice packs in the gym (Serenade) available for icing after doing shoulder PT in the gym?

DLKC

I'll be doing PT daily on my shoulder and need to have a plan for icing down afterwards.  Are there ice packs available, or a freezer, in the gym? We'll be on Serenade.  I'm sure I can get ice at any bar --- should I plan to take baggies?  Anyone with such experience?

Edited by DLKC

1 hour ago, DLKC said:

I'll be doing PT daily on my shoulder and need to have a plan for icing down afterwards.  Are there ice packs available, or a freezer, in the gym? We'll be on Serenade.  I'm sure I can get ice at any bar --- should I plan to take baggies?  Anyone with such experience?

No ice packs available.  I would suggest you buy an old fashioned, screw top ice bag and bring that with you.  They are between $10 and $15 depending on the size and do not sweat like baggies do.  We traveled after my husband had surgery and was still icing his leg and the ice bag worked great.  We just asked the cabin steward for a large ice bucket of ice each day and extra towels.  He left a plastic wine chiller bucket twice a day for us.

image.png.4f7df1ecc77dea462f5f7f122f22a406.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

No ice packs available.  I would suggest you buy an old fashioned, screw top ice bag and bring that with you.  They are between $10 and $15 depending on the size and do not sweat like baggies do.  We traveled after my husband had surgery and was still icing his leg and the ice bag worked great.  We just asked the cabin steward for a large ice bucket of ice each day and extra towels.  He left a plastic wine chiller bucket twice a day for us.

image.png.4f7df1ecc77dea462f5f7f122f22a406.png

Thanks.  I have looked into those ice bags and will likely go that direction.  We always make a request of the cabin steward at the beginning of the cruise for ice once or twice a day. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kruzerci said:

Absolutely not. The Serenade is a very bare bones gym with old equipment and I have never seen ice packs in any cruise line or hotel gym. Bring plastic bags and get ice from a bar or the Windjammer. 

Thanks.  We've been on Serenade a couple times before but I've never gone to the gym (on any ship).  I have everything I need for PT but am not planning to take my weights expecting them to be at the gym - measly 1lb and 3lb - do you know if they have those available?

5 hours ago, DLKC said:

If you ask your cabin attendant to have a bucket of ice in your cabin every day, they will. I always ask the first day and we always have ice.

1 hour ago, tpcwags said:

If you ask your cabin attendant to have a bucket of ice in your cabin every day, they will. I always ask the first day and we always have ice.

Yes, we always ask on day one for daily ice, as well! 🙂

10 hours ago, DLKC said:

Thanks.  We've been on Serenade a couple times before but I've never gone to the gym (on any ship).  I have everything I need for PT but am not planning to take my weights expecting them to be at the gym - measly 1lb and 3lb - do you know if they have those available?

You might need to think in kilos I have seen equipment in both pounds and kilos on the ships.