Bar set up for Elites staying in a Mini Suite

bbunch04

10 minutes ago, bbunch04 said:

How does the bar set up work when you are Elite status staying in a Mini Suite?  Do you get 2 set ups?  Do we need to request the second one?

Enchanted Princess....we are coming for ya!!!!

Thank you!!

Kaureen

bbunch04

Only one mini bar for elite. The 2nd set up is only for full suites

If you are in a mini-suite, the Elite bar set up will generally be in your room on embarkation day.  You may call Room Service to change it out for items more your liking.  Your Room Steward can also do this for you.

If you are in a FULL suite, there will be a mini-bar in your suite upon arrival.  You will need to call Room Service to request your Elite Bar.  I would suggest waiting. day for the dust to settle before requesting the second set up.  

Princess needs to rename "mini-suite".  It is very confusing for many.  Mini-suites are extended balcony cabins and very little more.

11 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

If you are in a mini-suite, the Elite bar set up will generally be in your room on embarkation day.  You may call Room Service to change it out for items more your liking.  Your Room Steward can also do this for you.

If you are in a FULL suite, there will be a mini-bar in your suite upon arrival.  You will need to call Room Service to request your Elite Bar.  I would suggest waiting. day for the dust to settle before requesting the second set up.  

Princess needs to rename "mini-suite".  It is very confusing for many.  Mini-suites are extended balcony cabins and very little more.

Very little more than which type of cabin?  Mini suites are slightly larger  than  balcony cabins, with a full sofa (not a loveseat like the deluxe balconies), two TVs with a room divider in some ships, different bathrooms etc.  They aren't generally extended balconies, at least not the minis we usually stay in.

Edited by lx200gps

Correction:  When I stated that it was no much more than an extended balcony, I was referring to the balcony stateroom (not the outdoor balcony).  

(Grand/GEM Class) Balcony cabins and mini-suites are more like each other than they are similar to FULL suites.

*  A mini-suite will have a bathtub instead of a shower stall.

*  It will have 2 televisions (too close together to make a difference plus/a long time ago/when one remote changed one television, it also changed the other.  Hope they fixed that)

*  It will have a larger living space with a sofa and a coffee table.

They have the same closet space.  The same amenities.  Same floor to ceiling glass doors. Same elite benefits (mini-bar set up).  

• Like 1

Just now, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

Wait, I can get a second bar set up for being Elite and in a suite?  I didn't know that!  I've never thought to ask before.  Guess what I'm doing on day 2 of my cruise in two weeks!

Sometimes they just bring them both on day 1. And yes this is just for full suites

On 11/13/2023 at 12:44 AM, cr8tiv1 said:

Correction:  When I stated that it was no much more than an extended balcony, I was referring to the balcony stateroom (not the outdoor balcony).  

(Grand/GEM Class) Balcony cabins and mini-suites are more like each other than they are similar to FULL suites.

*  A mini-suite will have a bathtub instead of a shower stall.

It will have 2 televisions (too close together to make a difference plus/a long time ago/when one remote changed one television, it also changed the other.  Hope they fixed that)

*  It will have a larger living space with a sofa and a coffee table.

They have the same closet space.  The same amenities.  Same floor to ceiling glass doors. Same elite benefits (mini-bar set up).  

The newer big ships like the Sky, Discovery etc, have a big thick curtain between the two cabin "halves" that serves to block one TV watcher from interfering with the other pretty effectively. We've never had one remote control the wrong TV and provided both keep their volumes down, there's little interference at all..

3 hours ago, lx200gps said:

The newer big ships like the Sky, Discovery etc, have a big thick curtain between the two cabin "halves" that serves to block one TV watcher from interfering with the other pretty effectively. We've never had one remote control the wrong TV and provided both keep their volumes down, there's little interference at all..

I'll never know...I only can speak for Grand/GEM class ships.  Good to know that both remotes work independently on a Royal Class ship.