LIVE from the Reflection Nov 12-19

kk20

3 hours ago, Boatharbour said:

Sure has. To our solo neighbour in an accessible SV cabin on the Apex in July. The poor woman had gone outside to watch the sunrise and the door slid shut and couldn’t be opened. Fortunately she had a robe on to keep warm. She called out several hours later after hearing us go out to our balcony. We had to ring down for someone to go into her cabin and open up the door. 

Do you mean there's no handle that can simply be lifted ?

If that's true its a major design fault especially in an accessible cabin and one that needs fixing immediately.

What was X's reaction?

All S line balcony doors open using the handle.

3 hours ago, cinderellen said:

The bag for the coffee is brilliant!

Sure looks better than our choices:

1) use the tray from under the glasses/ice bucket.

2) use the cardboard trays that hold 4 cups from the Al Bacio.

We also use the takeaway cups with lids to bring hot soup down from the buffet for lunch.

• Like 1

On 11/14/2023 at 9:58 AM, kk20 said:

On a different note, does anyone know what these barrels are for? Or what’s inside them? They’re strapped to the side of the ship in front of the lifeboats. Just curious……

IMG_1285.jpeg

I believe they are inflatable life rafts. They inflate when the barrel opens and the life raft hits the water.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Do you mean there's no handle that can simply be lifted ?

If that's true its a major design fault especially in an accessible cabin and one that needs fixing immediately.

What was X's reaction?

All S line balcony doors open using the handle.

There must have been a problem with the handle as it locked/ jammed behind her. Not sure if it had been reported before but Celebrity were very quick to respond to our 

phone call. 

4 hours ago, SoCalChad said:

Thanks for all the updates, I'll be on the Nov 25th sailing...

Could you tell me who the current Food & Beverage Director is?

Or better yet, post a picture of the officers from the daily planner?

Thanks!

Sorry! We don’t keep our dailies so I can’t look it up for you. I asked one of the officers on ‘lobby duty’ tonight and they didn’t know either

7 hours ago, kk20 said:

Sorry! We don’t keep our dailies so I can’t look it up for you. I asked one of the officers on ‘lobby duty’ tonight and they didn’t know either

some ships have this ofcr and staff  info on the cabin TV. ..it scrolls horiziontally so not easy to read

Our last al bacio breakfast on our balcony as we pull back into the Fort Lauderdale port. 

Our flight back to Toronto is at 11:05, so we’re doing self debarkation and grabbing a cab to FLL

I’ll post my final thoughts and random pics from the airport 

IMG_1318.jpeg

Edited by kk20
  • Like 4

We walked down to the fifth floor with our bags at 7:45 and walked off the ship. The facial recognition screens weren’t working, so everyone had to show their passports to an agent. We have nexus/global entry, but there wasn’t any separate lines for this. It wouldn’t have made much of a difference as everything was well organized and moved along quickly.

We walked to the far end of the terminal and grabbed a cab. There was no lineup. 

I think we spent more time waiting in traffic to get from terminal 1 across to terminal 3 at the airport than we did getting from the port to the airport! It’s pretty busy with this being the start of the US thanksgiving week. But we checked in our bag and were through security and to our gate by 8:40am for our 11:05 flight

• Like 3

You had better last night. Shortly after you walked off, they stop letting people go because it was too much backed up in the terminal. It was a very slow Disembarkation after that. One might even say chaotic. At about nine the facial recognition came back up so those getting off late were fine. It was just those of us trying to get off between eight and nine in who suffered

• Like 1

Final thoughts on this cruise:

Room: was absolutely spotless but a but some of the furniture was a little rough around the edges. We already had a mattress topper on the bed when we arrived, but the mattress still had deep grooves in it and was well past its prime.

We appreciated the extra bathroom and shower stall space our cabin vs the m class ships and loved our oversized balcony on the backside of the ship’s hump.

We also liked being just one floor up from al bacio for our morning coffee runs

Dining: Murano, Lawn Club and The Porch were all fabulous, while Sushi on 5 wasn’t. 
We only ate one lunch in the mdr. The food was good but the service was spotty. On nights that we didn’t have a speciality dinner booked, the mdr menu wasn’t appealing to us, so we chose to go to the ovc and always found something we enjoyed.

Service: this is one of the main reasons we choose to sail with Celebrity. They absolutely have the best staff at sea! With that being said, we really noticed the cut backs on their staffing levels since our spring cruise. Don’t get me wrong, apart from our sushi on 5 dinner, we still received great service, it just took longer to receive it. We (not so) jokingly said that the staff’s new tag line is “thank you for waiting”

Entertainment: we’re not theatre show people, but we always enjoy listening to the live bands and musicians onboard. This cruise was a miss for us overall. The entertainment just wasn’t to our liking….

Thanks for following along! Now we have 168 more days to wait til we board the Silhouette for our Norwegian Fjords cruise in May.

And we can’t wait to get home to our two crazy pups! 

IMG_1345.jpeg

IMG_1360.jpeg

IMG_1419.jpeg

IMG_1219.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

You had better last night. Shortly after you walked off, they stop letting people go because it was too much backed up in the terminal. It was a very slow Disembarkation after that. One might even say chaotic. At about nine the facial recognition came back up so those getting off late were fine. It was just those of us trying to get off between eight and nine in who suffered

Wow! Glad we got off when we did! Hope you weren’t caught in the chaos! 

1 hour ago, Canadian_J said:

Thanks for all the posts, pictures, and questions answered! We board Reflection in two weeks, and it was great to read about your experience!

Smooth travels back to YYZ!

Sounds like we are on the same sailing.  Two weeks today we board! 

I love the Reflection, and can’t wait to step foot on her again.

Edited by wendycook22
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, kk20 said:

8 hours ago, hcat said:

some ships have this ofcr and staff  info on the cabin TV. ..it scrolls horiziontally so not easy to read

6 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

This was from two weeks ago

E35A6F0E-0D5B-4C83-A8AA-F40765605096.jpeg

6 hours ago, kk20 said:

@cruisestitch comes through again! Thank you 😊 

@SoCalChad here’s your requested info

Thank you very much, you guys rock!

• Like 1