TxTeach79's LIVE Regal return to Princess Solo Thanksgiving - 11/19/23

TxTeach79

6 minutes ago, bethfelk said:

Seconding, we are big fans of Nachi Cocum when we want a beach day in Cozumel

Yep, nice place did it about 4 X's  build in $15-$20 taxi fare each way in your budget. That was for two of us, last time 3 years ago. We now stay close to town and visit local friends. 

6 minutes ago, minniegidget said:

@TxTeach79 Can you please tell me what Coke products they have please. My sister is a Dr Pepper fan. I know that they don't have DP on board but hoping there is something she like.

so believe it or not DP is actually on option in some bars. I’ve heard they carry it on Galveston sailings. As for coke, they’ve got everything you’d expect except Coke Zero 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bethfelk said:

App question for you, once you get connected to the medallion net can you see the MDR menus for everyday of the cruise or just that current day?

okay, I’m glad you brought this up. Unless I’m being an idiot (entirely probable) you can only see the current day. But @BohJang is way better at that than I am and maybe she can correct me if I’m wrong 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

okay, I’m glad you brought this up. Unless I’m being an idiot (entirely probable) you can only see the current day. But @BohJang is way better at that than I am and maybe she can correct me if I’m wrong 

No I think you may be right bc I seem to remember being annoyed by that last cruise, but they've also made some improvements to the app so I thought that might be something they fixed. Or we're just both idiots🤣

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

so believe it or not DP is actually on option in some bars. I’ve heard they carry it on Galveston sailings. As for coke, they’ve got everything you’d expect except Coke Zero 

Thanks sailing out of Ft Laurdale so not sure DP will be at the bars. Do you know is it Sprite or 7 up?

• Like 1

Late to the party, just got caught up.

Great Live, as well as your Carnival ones.

Have not been on Princess in years, but planning on going again in 2025.

We are trying to figure out the differences in the Beverage Package, Plus Package, and Premier Packages. If I kept score correctly from your posted receipts, nothing was over $14.

What drinks would cost over $15?

Thanks

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

18 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

I have only checked menus on the day so not sure if you can check in advance. But the first thing I do every morning is look at the dinner menu. Is that wrong? I knew at 6:00 am today that I will be ordering the escargot & surf and turf tonight. 🐷😋

• Haha 11

2 minutes ago, Jim and Monika said:

Late to the party, just got caught up.

Great Live, as well as your Carnival ones.

Have not been on Princess in years, but planning on going again in 2025.

We are trying to figure out the differences in the Beverage Package, Plus Package, and Premier Packages. If I kept score correctly from your posted receipts, nothing was over $14.

What drinks would cost over $15?

Thanks

there are a few high end liquors and cocktails over $15, but not much at all. And if you want that, you just pay the overage, 1-4 bucks usually. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

There’s not much of a beach entry but it works for me. It’s no frills but it’s a good pool, food and drinks are free, and I can see the ship from here. $20 deposit and $45 here. 

Have you ever tried the Del Mar Beach club? Also a short walk. Just wonder how they compare.We paid an online deposit of $16 plus $62 in person in April.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bethfelk said:

No I think you may be right bc I seem to remember being annoyed by that last cruise, but they've also made some improvements to the app so I thought that might be something they fixed. Or we're just both idiots🤣

No, the app sucks. There are 9 of us on the Regal New Year’s cruise. I made Dine My Way reservations 5 months ago for all 9 of us in Concerto Dining Room at 5.40 pm. Rechecked the reservation a few days ago and this what I get now “Party split across multiple tables”. A call to Princess off shore agents told me to ignore the message and just go to dining room on first night - yeah, right!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, redtop101 said:

No, the app sucks. There are 9 of us on the Regal New Year’s cruise. I made Dine My Way reservations 5 months ago for all 9 of us in Concerto Dining Room at 5.40 pm. Rechecked the reservation a few days ago and this what I get now “Party split across multiple tables”. A call to Princess off shore agents told me to ignore the message and just go to dining room on first night - yeah, right!!!

see the Matre' d and $20 will fix everything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3