TxTeach79's LIVE Regal return to Princess Solo Thanksgiving - 11/19/23

TxTeach79

30 minutes ago, Jim and Monika said:

Late to the party, just got caught up.

Great Live, as well as your Carnival ones.

Have not been on Princess in years, but planning on going again in 2025.

We are trying to figure out the differences in the Beverage Package, Plus Package, and Premier Packages. If I kept score correctly from your posted receipts, nothing was over $14.

What drinks would cost over $15?

Thanks

My personal opinion is that plus is a great deal but premier isn't worth the upgrade. But that's based on my cruising preferences and not being a "fancy" drinker, it depends on yours really. If your sailing is shorter than 5 days the specialty dinners pay for themselves, but less value as length of cruise increase since it stays fixed at 2 dinners. Haven't been since they implemented the casual dining part of it so not sure what I will think about that on my cruise next month

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, redtop101 said:

No, the app sucks. There are 9 of us on the Regal New Year’s cruise. I made Dine My Way reservations 5 months ago for all 9 of us in Concerto Dining Room at 5.40 pm. Rechecked the reservation a few days ago and this what I get now “Party split across multiple tables”. A call to Princess off shore agents told me to ignore the message and just go to dining room on first night - yeah, right!!!

Ya it wouldn't even let me make reservations on the app, I had to go on the online chat and have the agent do it for me. We are also on the New Year's regal cruise so we may be running into you next month!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am currently on this cruise, only on page 40 or so. I commented earlier that Carnival and NCL both have lifeguards, but none here. The pool is Kid Soup, just like TXTeach said. Currently a dad is demanding to view security footage to see who pushed his son! Can’t fully understand the accent (it isn’t Cajun) but he is mad!! I am staying around for the show.

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

Just now, cajun-crazy said:

I am currently on this cruise, only on page 40 or so. I commented earlier that Carnival and NCL both have lifeguards, but none here. The pool is Kid Soup, just like TXTeach said. Currently a dad is demanding to view security footage to see who pushed his son! Can’t fully understand the accent (it isn’t Cajun) but he is mad!! I am staying around for the show.

whoa! Keep us update! I love me some Cajun folk! Good people!

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Just now, Jim and Monika said:

Thank You for the replies, so I guess the Plus on Princess is the same drink wise as Carnival, but with some extra perks like dinning and grats?

and wifi! It’s a great deal. Way better value than cheers

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

They’re selling free laundry as the main reason to make Elite. Am I crazy or is Elite kind of meh for a premium line? Free laundry is amazing, but you get that at platinum with Carnival. What else is there really?

They have the elite minibar which I don't think other lines do but ya their loyalty program seems to be generally less rewarding than some others

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bethfelk said:

They have the elite minibar which I don't think other lines do but ya their loyalty program seems to be generally less rewarding than some others

that is nice. What do you get as far as quantity on that