NCL Escape Sailing Empty?

wilmingtech

I noticed the Escpe is on a 5 day Bermuda trip from the 10th to the 15th and then transfers from NYC to Cape Canaveral on a 3 day trip from the 15th to the 18th.  But this 3 day trip doesn't seem to be published anywhere, is she sailing empty?

I'd think a one way 8 day cruise from NYC to FL would sell better than a 5 day cruise to Bermuda then sailing empty to FL.

Curious if this is correct.

Edited by wilmingtech
Title change
  • Like 1

• wilmingtech changed the title to NCL Escape Sailing Empty?

It’s likely that the ship is repositioning for the season.  US law does not allow a ship to carry passengers without a stop in a foreign port.  Last year the Breakaway sailed empty from New Orleans to NYC empty before it repositioned to Europe for the season.  We were on the TA.  The entire trip we talked to many crew members who were glowing over how much fun they had on those three days.  They had parties, special meals, etc.  The crew had a ball!  I’m all for these little break for the crew.   They work so hard. 😃

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Russiamomm said:

It’s likely that the ship is repositioning for the season.  US law does not allow a ship to carry passengers without a stop in a foreign port.  Last year the Breakaway sailed empty from New Orleans to NYC empty before it repositioned to Europe for the season.  We were on the TA.  The entire trip we talked to many crew members who were glowing over how much fun they had on those three days.  They had parties, special meals, etc.  The crew had a ball!  I’m all for these little break for the crew.   They work so hard. 😃

I'm sure the crew has a blast.  It's a 3 day vacation for them. 

I was just thinking a one way cruise from NYC to Bermuda, San Juan, DR and Castaway would be something I would sign up for in a heartbeat.

And even a 3 day out of NYC could stop in Nassau for a reposition although not sure there are many looking for a Nassau trip that ends up in a port 1500 miles from where you started.

When I worked on Cruises we loved Dead Heads! Gave the crew time to relax a bit but also gave us time to get things done without having any guests on board. I was on the last sailing of the Norwegian Crown before it was sold to Fred Olson Cruise Lines, and that last dead head was a huge party!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wolft927 said:

When I worked on Cruises we loved Dead Heads! Gave the crew time to relax a bit but also gave us time to get things done without having any guests on board. I was on the last sailing of the Norwegian Crown before it was sold to Fred Olson Cruise Lines, and that last dead head was a huge party!

When you said Dead Head, I knew what you meant from the context.   But a Dead Head (the other type) cruise could be fun for many people as well!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Russiamomm said:

Even before I finished your message I thought the crew must have had a blast!  Guess they did.  👏👏

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Langham1865 said:

When you said Dead Head, I knew what you meant from the context.   But a Dead Head (the other type) cruise could be fun for many people as well!

I’d go on that one in a heartbeat!  What a laid back, fun cruise that would be!  Part of the soundtrack of my youth.  So many fond memories of fantastic shows!  An old Deadhead friend of mine was on the Soulshine cruise on the Pearl a couple of weeks ago.  They had a fantastic time - peace, love and music!  Still kicking myself for not joining them!

• Like 2