Counter offer received on Upgrade Bid

Morgsmom

So this was new to me - upcoming Seashore 4 night cruise.  Going solo but paid a reasonable single supplement for original cabin as the Yacht Club single supplements were 100% which was way too much per night per person (for just me!)  

First, received "standard" email to upgrade and I bid the maximum for a YIN (knowing full well that it would be x2).   But I also knew that there were no YINs available on the cruise.  

This morning received a COUNTER offer to bid for a Yacht Club Deluxe Balcony because there were no YINs available.  I accepted the counter and within 15 minutes my credit card was charged, and 30 minutes later a cabin assigned.  SOOOOOOOO excited. I thought this was super smart of them.  Hummm, someone is willing to go all in on the YIN, but I did not put in a minimum offer on the YCD, so they lowered their offer, leaving it within an acceptable range for me.

To note, this is not my first yacht club rodeo by any means, but last year (same week, same 4 nighter but on Meraviglia), the solo supplements were waived so I sailed much cheaper last year booking outright.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Morgsmom said:

So this was new to me - upcoming Seashore 4 night cruise.  Going solo but paid a reasonable single supplement for original cabin as the Yacht Club single supplements were 100% which was way too much per night per person (for just me!)  

First, received "standard" email to upgrade and I bid the maximum for a YIN (knowing full well that it would be x2).   But I also knew that there were no YINs available on the cruise.  

This morning received a COUNTER offer to bid for a Yacht Club Deluxe Balcony because there were no YINs available.  I accepted the counter and within 15 minutes my credit card was charged, and 30 minutes later a cabin assigned.  SOOOOOOOO excited. I thought this was super smart of them.  Hummm, someone is willing to go all in on the YIN, but I did not put in a minimum offer on the YCD, so they lowered their offer, leaving it within an acceptable range for me.

To note, this is not my first yacht club rodeo by any means, but last year (same week, same 4 nighter but on Meraviglia), the solo supplements were waived so I sailed much cheaper last year booking outright.  

This is certainly new on me but I’d rather get a counter offer than radio silence and a subsequent rejection email! Congrats and enjoy🥂 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, joeyancho said:

Congratulations on the good deal.   We scored a YC  deluxe balcony suite for a YC inside bid.   Can't wait.   Bon Voyage.  

Yes congratulations to you both!

We too, got YC balcony with maximum YC inside bid! We sail in 2 weeks!