Dining Reservations Help

karatemom2

I'm hoping I can get more help here then I did via the Princess Customer service line. I would like to make reservations for specialty dining and perhaps the 360 experience on our upcoming Discovery cruise. I was advised that I could do that via the app. We had no problem making our MDR reservations on the app, but when I select Explore Dining Options which should allow me to make specialty reservations I get an error message stating "Please check back closer to journey date to use this feature". According to the person I spoke to this morning, I am well within the time frame to make reservations as we are just 45 days out, but he couldn't explain why I'm getting this message. He kept telling me to just refresh, but to no avail. I'm not sure if removing and then reloading the app would help? I asked if there was a way I could just make reservations via phone - I seem to remember there used to be a separate line you could call for dining reservations, but not sure if that is still available now that it seems everything is driven by the app (which would be fine with me if it worked!) 

He finally just said I would just have to wait to make reservations on board, but given this is a very full holiday cruise, I would prefer to try to book in advance. He basically threw up his hands and said, "Oh well"!

So, I've come to the real experts here to see if maybe someone has some helpful advice to offer. 

9 minutes ago, karatemom2 said:

I'm hoping I can get more help here then I did via the Princess Customer service line. I would like to make reservations for specialty dining and perhaps the 360 experience on our upcoming Discovery cruise. I was advised that I could do that via the app. We had no problem making our MDR reservations on the app, but when I select Explore Dining Options which should allow me to make specialty reservations I get an error message stating "Please check back closer to journey date to use this feature". According to the person I spoke to this morning, I am well within the time frame to make reservations as we are just 45 days out, but he couldn't explain why I'm getting this message. He kept telling me to just refresh, but to no avail. I'm not sure if removing and then reloading the app would help? I asked if there was a way I could just make reservations via phone - I seem to remember there used to be a separate line you could call for dining reservations, but not sure if that is still available now that it seems everything is driven by the app (which would be fine with me if it worked!) 

He finally just said I would just have to wait to make reservations on board, but given this is a very full holiday cruise, I would prefer to try to book in advance. He basically threw up his hands and said, "Oh well"!

So, I've come to the real experts here to see if maybe someone has some helpful advice to offer. 

“Explore dining options” only works onboard.  To see specialty dining select the same option you chose for MDR and pick a day and then it should ask you to select MDR or specialty.  I don’t have a booking right now so I can’t be specific in the terminology.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

“Explore dining options” only works onboard.  To see specialty dining select the same option you chose for MDR and pick a day and then it should ask you to select MDR or specialty.  I don’t have a booking right now so I can’t be specific in the terminology.

Thank you so much! That worked! I was following the directions provided by the rep on the phone and he kept referring me to the other tab. This is why this board is invaluable!

Really appreciate the assist!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, karatemom2 said:

Per @t&atravel, the option referenced is for on board from what I can tell here.  Others have reported being stymied trying to book SD restaurants.  Consensus is that not all space is offered in advance of the voyage, so what is offered could be booked up.  

But try the web version of the App and DMW is in there.  Also, there should be an option for SD along with regular dining.

Also, we have not been able to book things like Chef Table and Winemakers Dinner in advance.  They recently added Experiential Dining and it is possible to book 360 on the ships that have it.

Edited by Steelers36

7 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Also, you cannot book things like 360, Chef Table, Winemakers Dinner in advance.

Actually, it let me book and prepay for the 360 Experience - I just completed our reservation. There are three options - Main Dining, Specialty Dining and Experiential Dining which is where I found 360 - but only 360, not anything else.

Funny enough, I tried Specialty Dining just to see and that didn't work - it indicated there was nothing available so maybe those spots are all booked? I don't know.

But, all I was interested in was 360, and that did work and my family is in for a big surprise!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, karatemom2 said:

Actually, it let me book and prepay for the 360 Experience - I just completed our reservation. There are three options - Main Dining, Specialty Dining and Experiential Dining which is where I found 360 - but only 360, not anything else.

Funny enough, I tried Specialty Dining just to see and that didn't work - it indicated there was nothing available so maybe those spots are all booked? I don't know.

But, all I was interested in was 360, and that did work and my family is in for a big surprise!

I corrected my post.  I agree as I have read that they did add Experiential Dining to the menu.  Perhaps they will end up including CT and WMD to the list.  Could make it tough to get some of these if not an early booker.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, karatemom2 said:

Th err y never book every table on speciality restaurants via the app. We have never made reservations in advance and he ave always found some 8:00 tables once on board