Parking at Port Everglades

High on the Seas

1 hour ago, Tayana Freedom 45 said:

When you debark they have the shuttles back to the Palm Garage waiting outside of Terminal 29

Tip.... one person go get the car and the other wait with the luggage.  The elevator for the parking garage had about 50 people waiting last time we were there.  I just took the stairs and got the car, drove over and picked up my wife and luggage.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2023 at 6:40 PM, Tayana Freedom 45 said:

You park in the Palm Garage and they have shuttles that take you to terminal 29. 

Handicapped Drop-off Port Everglades Terminal 29

I will be driving my sister to our cruise departing on 11/25/23 from Terminal 29 (Celebrity Reflection). She uses a wheelchair and has a Handicapped hangtag which I will use in my car. My question is regarding how does the shuttle work for wheelchair users. I'm guessing I will be dropping her and our luggage at Terminal 29 and she'll be waiting possibly a long time for me to park and get back to her using the Palm Garage shuttle. Will she be able to wait inside out of the sun for me to return?

I am stressing out over this on her behalf. I hope someone can answer me.

Thanks.

On 11/21/2023 at 8:08 AM, BAYA said:

Handicapped Drop-off Port Everglades Terminal 29

I will be driving my sister to our cruise departing on 11/25/23 from Terminal 29 (Celebrity Reflection). She uses a wheelchair and has a Handicapped hangtag which I will use in my car. My question is regarding how does the shuttle work for wheelchair users. I'm guessing I will be dropping her and our luggage at Terminal 29 and she'll be waiting possibly a long time for me to park and get back to her using the Palm Garage shuttle. Will she be able to wait inside out of the sun for me to return?

I am stressing out over this on her behalf. I hope someone can answer me.

Thanks.

Hi ,

You have a very valid concern.

I would suggest calling the Port Everglades phone number and speaking with someone there directly. Hopefully they will be able to assist you with your situation.

954 468 3720

On 11/28/2023 at 7:49 AM, horseymike said:

Hi ,

You have a very valid concern.

I would suggest calling the Port Everglades phone number and speaking with someone there directly. Hopefully they will be able to assist you with your situation.

954 468 3720

Thanks. By the time you replied we were already cruising.

For the benefit of others, here is the answer to my own question. Yes, my sister and her son had to wait outside the terminal with her wheelchair and our carry-on bags. There was shade, thank goodness. I'd estimate she waited at least 20 minutes for me to drive to the garage and take the shuttle back to her outside terminal 29. The shuttle drops you off where the huge buses discharge their passengers and bags. So an extra walk for me to get back to my sister. When our entire party was reunited we were able to go inside and check in. 

Disembarkation day was a total s***-show. Hundreds of people and their big bags were lined up across the entire front of terminal 19 (where we returned at the end of the cruise). I couldn't tell why so many people were hanging around there but it was difficult to get through them all to reach the Palm Garage, which was right next to Terminal 19. At least I didn't have to leave sister there while I took a shuttle again to a garage to retrieve the car!