Does Oceania still have 2 for 1 Happy Hour?

LabMom57

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

Must be a change. Typically they only bring one drink at a time. You finish the first one, they bring the second.

To clarify another point. There are drinks that are venue specific. For example, some of the specialty martinis in Martinis are not available in Horizons and don’t appear on Horizons drinks menu. Therefore, if you get the Horizon’s bartender to make it, it won’t be on the package in Horizons even though it is in Martinis. Likewise, Waves bar has drinks on its menu, not available on the package elsewhere.

Things may have changed, but last I knew, any 'venue specific' drinks were not available as 2-for-1 at happy hour. Like others, we have ordered 2 of the same drink, brought at the same time, and were charged for 1 drink during happy hour.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, babysteps said:

Things may have changed, but last I knew, any 'venue specific' drinks were not available as 2-for-1 at happy hour. Like others, we have ordered 2 of the same drink, brought at the same time, and were charged for 1 drink during happy hour.

Next time aboard, go to Martinis and check the drink menu for drinks, including those included on the Happy Hour special. Next night go to Horizons and check the drinks menu there.

You’ll find differences.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Straughn said:

Newbie question here- during Happy Hour, can I order a Manhattan or an Old Fashion hand specify the bourbon used? Or do I  get whatever the “bar house bourbon” is? Thanks.

31 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

You can specify what liquors you want used.  

As long as the liquor is on the standard bar menu, and not a specialty liquor.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, shepherd really said:

You can specify what liquors you want used.  

3 hours ago, 1985rz1 said:

As long as the liquor is on the standard bar menu, and not a specialty liquor.

Yes, and that's definitely what you want to do.  Like any shoreside dive, their "bar pour" tends to be affordable but not so wonderful.  For a buck or two more, you can have Hendrick's or Maker's or mostly whatever brand you want.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DrHemlock said:

Yes, and that's definitely what you want to do.  Like any shoreside dive, their "bar pour" tends to be affordable but not so wonderful.  For a buck or two more, you can have Hendrick's or Maker's or mostly whatever brand you want.

I like to order a “ double Knob Creek old fashion “.! 😜. By ordering the double it either (1) counts as both drinks on the 2 for 1, or (2) I can get the second one for the price of one. While my DW prefers option 1 for me, I occasionally go for the gusto! 😎🍹!

Moral is , since Knob Creek is on the included bourbon list. Go for it! 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, DrHemlock said:

And it is definitely what I will do. Makers, Woodford, or Knob Creek would be my choices.

Edited by Straughn

31 minutes ago, DrHemlock said:

I think Hendrick's is on the standard bar menu, but I maybe confusing it with Viking.  Anyway, our experiencr is that he stardard bar menu has premium spirits, just nut super premium or speciaty drinks.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, pinotlover said:

By ordering the double it either (1) counts as both drinks on the 2 for 1, or (2) I can get the second one for the price of one. While my DW prefers option 1 for me, I occasionally go for the gusto! 😎🍹!

It's the perfect primer for a long, sociable dinner!

• Thanks 1