Does Oceania still have 2 for 1 Happy Hour?

LabMom57

We have previously paid for our drinks rather than take the pricy drink package when sailing on Oceania. The 2 for 1 happy hour was great for us in this regard. We have an upcoming cruise which was booked prior to Simply More, so we plan to pay as we go again. Does anyone know if they till have 2 for 1 happy hour?

Happy Hour still exists. Different bar venues have different included drinks. Martinis is different than Horizons. It doesn’t take long to figure it out once aboard.

Happy Hours are great margin producers and will likely always be offered.

🥂 and enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LabMom57 said:

In my experience,  yes. The 2 for 1 drinks are per person.

Not true when we spent 32 days on Nautica this year. We ordered  2 of the same drink, one for each of us, every afternoon. We boarded in Cape Town with 8 bottles of wine. We don't drink a whole lot, but after 32 days our total drinks bill was about $950,  which included the corkage fee for our wine. A good deal for light drinkers I'd say. In February next, we have Simply More for a 51 day trip. We won't bring wine but will still rely on happy hour deal for our afternoon cocktail most days. I expect our drinks bill will still be less than 1k.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sebbiesgrammy said:

Not true when we spent 32 days on Nautica this year. We ordered  2 of the same drink, one for each of us, every afternoon

I should have added YMMV.

If you both drink the same drink, the server won't have any way to know if you share or will turn a blind eye. They don't want to police the policy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Iamthesea said:

What about a Bailey's or Kalua and Cream?

I am not on the ship now but I noticed them switching menus to the basic cocktails from a more extended menu during happy hour.  I think those were in the basic menu however.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, zalusky said:

I am not on the ship now but I noticed them switching menus to the basic cocktails from a more extended menu during happy hour.  I think those were in the basic menu however.

We were able to order any drink we wanted, did not look to see if they were on the menu.....did you order a drink and were told it was not included in Happy Hour ?

Just now, basor said:

We were able to order any drink we wanted, did not look to see if they were on the menu.....did you order a drink and were told it was not included in Happy Hour ?

Its been 9 months.  I don't really remember but I do distinctly remember the Martinis waiter switching the menus and could see the more elaborate cocktails were missing.  If there are any people currently onboard maybe they can comment.

4 minutes ago, zalusky said:

Its been 9 months.  I don't really remember but I do distinctly remember the Martinis waiter switching the menus and could see the more elaborate cocktails were missing.  If there are any people currently onboard maybe they can comment.

We just got off Vista about 2 weeks ago after being onboard for 32 days and were able to order the same drinks before, during and after Happy Hour and so did the people we sat with....never saw/heard anyone denied drinks for Happy Hour price.

• Like 1

OK--clarification. If wife and I go to Martinis for Happy Hour--I can order a Happy Hour martini and the server will bring me 2 martinis at the same time (and half price) and then I can give one to my wife? And bartender/server will not say anything?  This all assumes we do NOT have a drink package.

2 hours ago, zteamtwo said:

OK--clarification. If wife and I go to Martinis for Happy Hour--I can order a Happy Hour martini and the server will bring me 2 martinis at the same time (and half price) and then I can give one to my wife? And bartender/server will not say anything?  This all assumes we do NOT have a drink package.

That is exactly what we did on Vista a few weeks ago....we ordered 2 of the same martini and were charged for one

27 minutes ago, basor said:

That is exactly what we did on Vista a few weeks ago....we ordered 2 of the same martini and were charged for one

Must be a change. Typically they only bring one drink at a time. You finish the first one, they bring the second.

To clarify another point. There are drinks that are venue specific. For example, some of the specialty martinis in Martinis are not available in Horizons and don’t appear on Horizons drinks menu. Therefore, if you get the Horizon’s bartender to make it, it won’t be on the package in Horizons even though it is in Martinis. Likewise, Waves bar has drinks on its menu, not available on the package elsewhere.

• Like 1