Lower price on Black Friday sale?

Trish Traveler

So, I just spent 45 minutes on the phone unsuccessfully, with the call center rep trying to reprice a September 2024 cruise.  Princess dot com shows the Black Friday price for my category IB would be $624 cheaper. The gal put me on hold 6 times and came back and said that there are no cabins in my category IB on deck 9, so it would now only be a guarantee.  But I see there are other IB cabins available on other decks.  Does Princess price by category, such as IB or does it also have to be on the exact same deck as your current booking?  I told her not to change anything and ended the call because she said the supervisor was not available.

Unfortunately, I don't have this with a travel agent who could deal with this. 

PS:  I see it says for new bookings only, but I have done this before a long while back and hear others being able to reprice for lower fare.  This is 10 months out with a refundable deposit currently.

Thanks for any advice.

44 minutes ago, Trish Traveler said:

So, I just spent 45 minutes on the phone unsuccessfully, with the call center rep trying to reprice a September 2024 cruise.  Princess dot com shows the Black Friday price for my category IB would be $624 cheaper. The gal put me on hold 6 times and came back and said that there are no cabins in my category IB on deck 9, so it would now only be a guarantee.  But I see there are other IB cabins available on other decks.  Does Princess price by category, such as IB or does it also have to be on the exact same deck as your current booking?  I told her not to change anything and ended the call because she said the supervisor was not available.

Unfortunately, I don't have this with a travel agent who could deal with this. 

PS:  I see it says for new bookings only, but I have done this before a long while back and hear others being able to reprice for lower fare.  This is 10 months out with a refundable deposit currently.

Thanks for any advice.

Cancel & rebook with the new lower rate?

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, camper49 said:

Cancel & rebook with the new lower rate?

I don't want to lose the cabin I have, and there are very few left in that category.  Don't know how quick it would reappear in the system and could get snatched up.  I could, but it's a gamble.  🤔

5 minutes ago, Trish Traveler said:

I don't want to lose the cabin I have, and there are very few left in that category.  Don't know how quick it would reappear in the system and could get snatched up.  I could, but it's a gamble.  🤔

I get that but for over $600, I’d take the chance.  
Maybe try to get a good CVP down at Princess to book it for you.  Then, cancel yours while you are on the phone with them and have them move the cabin as soon as you cancel your  booking.  It’s still a risk but like I sad, one I pod be willing to take for that savings. 

You booked this yourself with Princess?  You can still see specific IB cabins available for booking?  That’s important. But I think, based on what you said, you could book an IB cabin, just not on Deck 9.  If so…

Wait until it is night, off-business hours in the US.  Cancel your booking. It takes only a few minutes for the cabin to reappear.  It’s still a risk, but only a small one. It’s never not worked for me and I’ve done it at least 20 times. 

Making a separate new booking and then getting Princess to cancel your existing booking and move the cabin to the new booking as @CruiseRaider suggested could work.  I’ve done that, too.  But even in the old days of excellent Princess customer service, it was a bit of a pain.  Your ability to do that depends entirely on getting someone who understands and is skilled, and that’s a bigger risk these days than losing the cabin if you do it yourself. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

You booked this yourself with Princess?  You can still see specific IB cabins available for booking?  That’s important. But I think, based on what you said, you could book an IB cabin, just not on Deck 9.  If so…

Wait until it is night, off-business hours in the US.  Cancel your booking. It takes only a few minutes for the cabin to reappear.  It’s still a risk, but only a small one. It’s never not worked for me and I’ve done it at least 20 times. 

Making a separate new booking and then getting Princess to cancel your existing booking and move the cabin to the new booking as @CruiseRaider suggested could work.  I’ve done that, too.  But even in the old days of excellent Princess customer service, it was a bit of a pain.  Your ability to do that depends entirely on getting someone who understands and is skilled, and that’s a bigger risk these days than losing the cabin if you do it yourself. 

Things are always changing so not sure if this has changed, but how do you cancel a booking on off hours?  I’ve not found the ability to do this online.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cruise Raider said:

Things are always changing so not sure if this has changed, but how do you cancel a booking on off hours?  I’ve not found the ability to do this online.  

I’ve never not been able to do this. I don’t have one currently booked outside of the final payment due date, or I could try to go online and do screen grabs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, rocklinmom said:

Yes how are you able to cancel your booking yourself? I'd love to know as well. So when it is late night off hours there is a way to cancel it in your Personalizer? 

I have not done or needed to do it since 2019, but did it many times between 2011 and 2019.  It’s certainly possible this has changed, but I found the ability to do so invaluable for just such a reason as outlined by @Trish Traveler.

• Haha 1

Also to note, if the requested category is closed out in "princess's promo system" the princess agent cannot refare your booking if this is the case, you would need to cancel and rebook to get that new price. Also after 6 times i would demand to speak to a Guest Services repeatedly until they transfer you.

52 minutes ago, cjpj said:

Try using the chat feature instead of phoning. 

OP here - Thanks for this suggestion!  It worked in about 10 minutes on chat.  Price savings was less, and as expected I lost $100 obc, which is not offered on the current sale.  But still good at about $400 savings.  👍  Thanks everyone.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, hapster85 said:

I just tried a mock booking to see the current price of our 2025 Norway cruise, but after inputting the 2nd guest info, it did not ask if we wanted insurance or transfers. Was that some sort of glitch, or have they changed something? 

Yes! I recently noticed this too and made a thread about it here on CC. Apparently they removed those two screens this year. So now when I do a mock booking I compute the insurance myself and will just look at the transfer prices in the Personalizer later. 

• Like 1

Thank you for this official announcement! I'm bummed our June 2024 Alaska cruise isn't included in the 3rd and 4th guests sail free promo. Only the May ones are showing it. It looks like for us they will just be extending the current 50% off fares and 50% off deposits from ending on November 30th to now ending on December 12th. I was hoping for something good next week on the 21st but apparently it will just be that date extension.