Current Policy for dropping off hand luggage on Embarkation Day?

kwokpot

Hello. It's bbena bout six years since my last NCL cruise and I'll be sailing the new viva next month. what is the current policy for dropping off carryon bags on embarkation day? When are the cabins  generally available? Sapphire here if that makes any difference. Thanks in advance!

cabins these days tend to be ready between 2 and 3:30, depending ion a host of factors. higher decks are often ready earlier, as are haven and suites. there is usually a place where you can drop your carry on bags and pick them up once cabins are ready. i haven't sailed the viva, but on the prima, its sister ship, bag drop was in the improv.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, UKstages said:

cabins these days tend to be ready between 2 and 3:30, depending ion a host of factors. higher decks are often ready earlier, as are haven and suites. there is usually a place where you can drop your carry on bags and pick them up once cabins are ready. i haven't sailed the viva, but on the prima, its sister ship, bag drop was in the improv.

Hello Friend - not sure you remember me (IamNancy) but I was wondering what you thought of the Prima... we were on that ship in February...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, C cruise said:

not sure you remember me (IamNancy) but I was wondering what you thought of the Prima...

of course, i remember! how are you? it's homecoming week here, what with you, me and kwok all in the same thread!

i was on the prima in may and do not think it's the best of the NCL ships, for a variety of reasons. many people do like it. i think it has many things to recommend. but i also think it has a lot of poorly designed features and venues. and one very dirty shameful secret.

i did an extensive review of sorts. you can read all about my (mis)adventures on the prima in this thread...

Edited by UKstages
  • Like 2

It wasn't my favorite of NCLs ships either...

Funny we are all in the same thread. I am happy - soon to visit Borgata for the first time in almost a year. Hope all is well with you.

I am going to read your report now and I hope I find out what the dirty shameful secret is... 

12 hours ago, C cruise said:

It wasn't my favorite of NCLs ships either...

Funny we are all in the same thread. I am happy - soon to visit Borgata for the first time in almost a year. Hope all is well with you.

I am going to read your report now and I hope I find out what the dirty shameful secret is... 

Going to AC today, staying at Caesars but having dinner at Hardrock. Then going again for Thanksgiving and was able to get enough comped rooms at Tropicana and Hard Rock to invite the whole family. Thanksgiving dinner will be at The palms Steakhouse in Tropicana. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Going to AC today, staying at Caesars but having dinner at Hardrock. Then going again for Thanksgiving and was able to get enough comped rooms at Tropicana and Hard Rock to invite the whole family. Thanksgiving dinner will be at The palms Steakhouse in Tropicana. 

Good to hear from you -have fun in AC... that is awesome your whole family can get together for Thanksgiving. I'd like to hear how dinner at the Palms was... Happy Thanksgiving!

21 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Hello. It's bbena bout six years since my last NCL cruise and I'll be sailing the new viva next month. what is the current policy for dropping off carryon bags on embarkation day? When are the cabins  generally available? Sapphire here if that makes any difference. Thanks in advance!

Guest cabin areas are locked off until announcements are made that they are ready. That is usually around 2:30. The ship kindly asks that you stay out until the rooms are ready.

• Like 1