Help with Miami

Jenna1983

Well I took the plunge and decided to purchase tickets for my January 7th, 2007 Valor cruise. I guess I figured due to the fact that gas prices seem to be about as unstable as can be why not jump on a $139 flight to Miami (that included taxes).

So, I'm planning on getting in at 10 PM the night before the cruise on the 7th. Where would be a good place to stay/reasonably priced? Also how would someone recommend getting to the hotel (I don't really want a car when the arrival time is that late at night!) I'll also be staying a night after the cruise so we could have a good deal back.

What is there to do in Miami that is low key after a cruise?

Jenna, do check out the hotels forum also. A hotel near the airport with shuttle for the next day will be most cost effective (if it also includes breakfast, even better.) For the post-cruise if only one night, book either the Intercontinental or Holiday Inn near Bayside Marketplace. You can take a taxi to Southbeach. Bid on Priceline for a 4*, Downtown MIA for the post cruise, Airport 3* for pre-cruise.

Bon Voyage

I agree about staying either at the airport pre cruise and think you should stay on the beach post cruise.

A cab from the port to South Beach would be cheap, around $10 and everything in South Beach is pretty much within walking distance.

We are staying at the Hampton Inn Dadeland prior to sailing on the Carnival Victory on 4/2. Good reviews, rate $139 includes free shuttle from airport to hotel, free shuttle the next morning from hotel to port, plus free hot breakfast buffet. Will post a review when we return. Have a great cruise!

We are staying at the Hampton Inn Dadeland

It may be a nice hotel, but it's about as far away from anything interesting as it's possible to get. Dadeland is a mall located far away from the port heading south down US 1.

Archived