Elite WiFi discount available onboard?

mrmac

17 minutes ago, mrmac said:

So I can use my cabin credit to buy it. Searching here did not help. Thank you.

Yes, APP should recognize your level and charge the appropriate discounted rate. If not, internet manager will adjust and correct your folio.

• Like 1

You get the discounted rate now either way. The other advantage of waiting. until on board is that you don't need to buy for the entire cruise, and can either do 24 hours or rest of voyage, which I do so I don't spend all my cruise staring at screens. I'll be on Island for 14 days next week, and instead of buying wifi onboard, I bought a $13 3GB eSIM Europe plan for the 10 or so port days, since it's more valuable in foreign countries to have data in ports, for things like maps and train schedules. 

We are onboard the Enchanted Princess right now, both of us are Elite CC.  I purchased my internet package prior to the cruise using the medallion app.  It was 50% off and since we’re Canadian they offered it at a better exchange rate than the current real exchange.  My partner didn’t purchase ahead of time, he paid in USD via the app and did get 50% off as well, but not paid in CAD.  Both have been taken out of our onboard credits.  Hope that helps.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, helenb said:

Question: can you use different devices on a 'one device' package? I know that I can only have 1 device at a time... but can I log off of one device and then log in on a different one?

Yes.

I know of at least one ‘other’ cruise line, your WiFi plan is attached to the first device you use and cannot switch.

Princess allows you to use ‘one’ active device at a time, so you can switch between different phones, tablets, laptops, etc. Some passengers find they will ‘share’ their plan with others if conditions work for them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wallyj said:

Yes.

I know of at least one ‘other’ cruise line, your WiFi plan is attached to the first device you use and cannot switch.

Princess allows you to use ‘one’ active device at a time, so you can switch between different phones, tablets, laptops, etc. Some passengers find they will ‘share’ their plan with others if conditions work for them.

Thank you! I appreciate the information.

Currently on the Enchanted and switching devices on a one device plan is easy. I expected to have to turn off or log off a device when you wanted to use another, this isn’t necessary. Just open the Medallion app on the device you want to use, scroll down to Medallion Net, the app prompts you to swap devices. Click swap and then voila the device you’re using is on the shop WiFi using your plan. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, helenb said:

What about a laptop (that doesn't use the app)? Presumably I would be able to log onto the ship's wifi on that too?

It’s done through a special web browser page that I just left loaded on all my devices so I could easily switch at will. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, helenb said:

Question: can you use different devices on a 'one device' package? I know that I can only have 1 device at a time... but can I log off of one device and then log in on a different one?

Yes I use my IPhone & my IPad with the same plan. The only catch is that they both can’t be signed on at the same time. 

Tom😀

Edited by trbarton