SOLO CABINS

capegirl

I don't know about the larger ships, but on the smaller ones (R class), there are a few Ocean View cabins that have been designated as solo cabins -- they are the narrow ones on deck 6 with mostly obstructed views. The fares are still somewhere around 150% though.

Oceania also posts some specials on certain cruises with low solo supplements which can end up being less $$$ than a solo cabin.

Read more about solo travel on Oceania here:  https://www.oceaniacruises.com/solo-traveler-experience

I am doing a trip in a solo cabin on the Regatta.  They are solo cabins with obstructed ocean views.  My 28 day cruise is about $15,000.  A couple could get an inside cabin with no view for about $1,000 more.  So it is no great bargain.  It is a lot cheaper than any other cabin with a view, though.  When I have seen the reduced single supplement sales, they have been for the inside cabins.  Regatta has 18 solo cabins, and for my trip, in April 2025, they just went to waitlist status.  

Edited by Trbd4739

9 hours ago, Trbd4739 said:

I am doing a trip in a solo cabin on the Regatta.  They are solo cabins with obstructed ocean views.  My 28 day cruise is about $15,000.  A couple could get an inside cabin with no view for about $1,000 more.  So it is no great bargain.  It is a lot cheaper than any other cabin with a view, though.  When I have seen the reduced single supplement sales, they have been for the inside cabins.  Regatta has 18 solo cabins, and for my trip, in April 2025, they just went to waitlist status.  

Agree, I was lucky to get a solo cabin last year - only a small amount less than paying double for a small obstructed view.  Not complaining about the cabin, it was fine, just the price…

I'm a solo traveler and I was on an O cruise for the first time this past summer in a solo stateroom on Insignia.  I usualy cruise on Azamara but at the time I booked the O cruise they didn't offer a similar itinerary.  I believe the solo staterooms on Oceania R class ships are all obstructed (deck 6 tender view) oceanviews  The cost was approximately 150% of the fare for one person on a double occupancy booking.  The cruise was great and similar to Azamara in many ways since they only operate R class ships.  The only advantage I found on O was the cuisine was generally superior to what I'm used to on Azamara.  As a solo traveler I have found the fare advantage to be much better on Azamara.  I have been able to book many cruises (verandah, oceanview and interior staterooms) for 125% or 150% of the one person fare for a double occupancy booking.  Azamara doesn't have dedicated solo cabins and I have never been relegated to an obstructed oceanview stateroom.  Regards, Paul

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CardowMD said:

Regent, Silversea and Seaborne all have Solo specials with 0% to 150% surcharge. The RSSC is only good on the lower OV or veranda categories, but can be a good deal. Their website have a section under Specials listing Solo cruises.

Thank you 

8 hours ago, CardowMD said:

The RSSC is only good on the lower OV or veranda categories, but can be a good deal. Their website have a section under Specials listing Solo cruises.

The worst Regent suite is GREAT......unless you're on Shake-inator, I mean Navigator. 

I LOVE to cruise solo on Regent! It's the best experience I've had since cruising solo (Uniworld, Emerald, Oceania and Regent). I look for the 0% or 25% SS cruises.....my next cruise is 0% SS on Voyager, Buenos Aires to San Antonio, Chile this February. I CAN'T WAIT!

Besides Navigator, all other Regent ships are all-suite (no OV, no insides).

• Like 3

Does anyone know how you can see available suites when doing a Dummy booking on RSSC? The other cruise lines show you what is available as you progress in the “booking”. Then I can determine if I want to change to another category.

39 minutes ago, CardowMD said:

Does anyone know how you can see available suites when doing a Dummy booking on RSSC? The other cruise lines show you what is available as you progress in the “booking”. Then I can determine if I want to change to another category.

It’s the same as for other cruiselines……

What problems are you having?

Edited by PhD-iva
Typo

I cannot get beyond the point of # of people/page with it wanting me to put in my account information, which I didn’t want to do…Oceania allow Continue as Guest. SB and SS allow you to look at available cabins before putting name, etc on the forms to book.

I think you need to “sign in” or “log on” before you can move forward through the booking process. They want you to create an account and to log into your account.
Don’t have to give them your real name but you do need a working email address. ……

I hope this helps.

I just clicked on "sign in as Guest"  & you can go as far  as Make a payment

But for solo's I think  you need to call to get the  best price

I looked at one cruise with Solo  pricing but it came out the same as for  double  Occupancy