Gouda Cheese

mafig

Anyone know a good place to purchase a wheel of gouda cheese.

Several years ago we did this, we got it at a supermarket that we reached by bus.  My husband has an adversion to taxis, unfortunately.  

Any help would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2023 at 9:29 AM, mafig said:

Anyone know a good place to purchase a wheel of gouda cheese.

Several years ago we did this, we got it at a supermarket that we reached by bus.  My husband has an adversion to taxis, unfortunately.  

Any help would be appreciated.

Amazon, I buy cheese off Amazon all the time. It's a little pricey but totally worth it. 🌟🌟🌟🌟

• Really best to buy gouda in Curacao in the port area. They have all kinds of flavors and choices. It is a bit pricey in my opinion but so many options. I have bought partial wheels in Bonnaire and a little store across the bridge in Curacao which takes some searching. I don't think there is any in Aruba. Ive looked. 

• 5 weeks later...

We didn't buy it in Aruba, because we ran out of time,  But I know they have them, and the prices are best in the supermarkets.

We bought our Gouda in a store in Curacao.  We bought a 10 lb/ wheel so, yes, it was wrapped in  wax.  We gave some to our neighbors.  We came home on Dec. 4 and are just finishing it now.  I think the price was about $40.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/15/2024 at 7:28 PM, mafig said:

We bought our Gouda in a store in Curacao.  We bought a 10 lb/ wheel so, yes, it was wrapped in  wax.  We gave some to our neighbors.  We came home on Dec. 4 and are just finishing it now.  I think the price was about $40.

What are the regulations for bringing it back to the US through customs?  I didn't think cheese could be brought back on land after disembarking?