How to find docking location information?

Reaniel

I can't remember when you are due to sail.  Cruise docs in question are emailed to you 14 days or so prior to the start of your vacation package. Even then, the docking location is subject to change; doesn't happen frequently but it is out of Viking's control. 

If you are more than 14 days out, you can try to find the harbormaster's website for your embarkation port.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peregrina651 said:

I can't remember when you are due to sail.  Cruise docs in question are emailed to you 14 days or so prior to the start of your vacation package. Even then, the docking location is subject to change; doesn't happen frequently but it is out of Viking's control. 

If you are more than 14 days out, you can try to find the harbormaster's website for your embarkation port.

I'm 4 days from sailing, but already flew to Europe.  So the information isn't included in the electronic docs?  But only in the paper docs (along with the tags)?

16 minutes ago, Reaniel said:

I'm 4 days from sailing, but already flew to Europe.  So the information isn't included in the electronic docs?  But only in the paper docs (along with the tags)?

The first page of the final e-document has a “Your Journey Summary” page. Near the bottom you will find the ship docking location.

For example:

image.thumb.png.d351d71ffd19b3de22e3314d8dc91e13.png

image.thumb.png.a817c5b68af43033dbaac2f02f9f86d5.png

Edited by OneSixtyToOne
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Reaniel said:

@OneSixtyToOne Thanks for that!  That section isn't available on my e-doc for some reason.  I've call customer service, and they sent me the info manually.

Thanks again for the help!

Viking tends to send a lot of email. You might want to check and make sure you have the one labeled “Important – Viking Final E-Document: “

That one contains everything.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jim Avery said:

The most accurate information is on each ports website schedule.

Jim is quite correct, although even the port website schedule is always subject to change.

I've taken to using MarineTraffic to do a final check for the actual dock on the day of embarkation (or earlier if the ship is in port already). They won't normally switch to adjacent ports, but changes to a posted dock are quite common. 🍺🥌

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

That plus every cabbie, uber driver, tour group operator, car service, etc. keep up with clients ship berth just as they monitor airline arrivals. 

Unfortunately, their knowledge does not make up for bad accents like mine. When we embarked Regent in Barcelona in September, our taxi driver thought I said "Virgin" and was off to the long pier with us! Our ship was downtown ...

Knowing where the ship was saved a few dollars on retracing our route and a bit of pride 🙄! 🍺🥌

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

That plus every cabbie, uber driver, tour group operator, car service, etc. keep up with clients ship berth just as they monitor airline arrivals. 

They actually do!  We had a cab in Amsterdam and the cabbie said he knew the locationS where Viking docks.  We went to the scheduled location, looked and the ship wasn’t there.  Cabbie said onto Plan B.  Ship was there.  He also said he had a Plan C and D.

• Haha 1

Currently aboard the Star which left from LA last week.  Port of LA web site showed us leaving from berth 93 while final Viking docs said berth 46.  Several in our roll call contacted Viking who assured them it was 46.  As we drove to port there was the Star tied up at 93.  A number of folks initially went to 46 and had to double back.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, CannotSwim said:

The documents (and some other e-mail messages from Viking) contain the phone number of the ship. You can call the ship. Also taxi drivers tend to know where the ships are.

Yes! Call the ship. Don't bother calling Viking because if ship isn't at location stated in the final docs, it was a last minute change and such changes are not tracked by the call center. 

In the US, it is a local call. Outside of the US and from a US phone number, it is a local if you call over wifi.  If you call on the local cell network, it is an international call.

Edited by Peregrina651