Kids Sail Free - Infant

FrugalVG

Hey there!

Looking to book a RC cruise using the Kids Sail Free promo. I have a 3 year old and a 6 month old

Upon selecting my cruise, I obtain the correct price (kids cruise fare free, only pay taxes), saying 2 adults and 2 children.

When I enter all the guest info, the system increases my price. When I look at the pricing per guest, it fully discounts the cruise fare for my 3 year old, but only offers a partial discount for my 6 month old. 

I can't seem to find a way around this.

Is this a bug? Or is there something about travelling with an infant that increases the price?

Two possibilities. What will the age of the 6 month old be on the day of embarkation? RCI does not allow an infant under the age of 6 months (not even a day under) to cruise.

Or, it might have something to do with RCI's notoriously inept IT department. Try calling whoever you booked with (directly with RCI or a TA) and ask them to work on the solution.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, FrugalVG said:

He’ll be older than 6 months. 

Sounds like an IT issue. Ill call RCI direct. Thanks!

Definitely call and see what is happening but there are also itineraries that require kids to be 12 months old and over.  It could be one of those and the system is having issues with the child's age.

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Definitely call and see what is happening but there are also itineraries that require kids to be 12 months old and over.  It could be one of those and the system is having issues with the child's age.

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Book it that way and fix the birth date later. 

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Book it that way and fix the birth date later. 

As a general rule, you can’t have 3 or more consecutive sea days with a child 6-12 months of age.  There are slightly more restrictions so please check https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/international-age-policy#:~:text=Infants sailing on a cruise,day of the cruise%2FCruiseTour. 

and be very careful about analyzing that policy before entering the wrong birth date- if the child isn’t eligible to sail you will be stuck.  Can you put a 24 hour hold down and then fix the birth date prior to actually booking?