Has anyone recently sailed on the NCL Sky? Is the entertainment in the theatre decent or has been reduced to very basic

gam888

Last time we sailed with NCL was January 2023 with the NCL Sun. We were very disappointed with the entertainment. We went on a back to back cruise. First one was 9 days, the next segment was 10 days. Each segment only had one production show. The rest were filled with a guest entertainer who just appeared over and over again during the same cruise, and game shows that had guest involved that were not very good. I talked to some staff members and they agreed that was part of NCL money saving tactics. They said they were shocked themselves when they were only sent one "real" guest performer during each segment. So they had to "recycle" the same guest performer over and over again during the whole cruise. We are considering sailing on the NCL Sky next January to the Caribbean. It is the same model ship as the NCL Sun. Same small size, layout and same age. We are wondering if NCL is cutting show on their small old ship, would the same thing happens to the NCL Sky. If this is the case, we would rather know ahead of time, and decide if we would still want to go. The entertainment on the ship is a big priority to us, as well as the food. Can any folks who has sailed with NCL Sky recently please share their experience regarding the entertainment onboard, the shows, the bands, what kind of music did they play? Last time on the NCL Sun the "party band" was not that great either. They kept playing the  fast paced jumping up and down music over and over again, without playing any other genre of music. How was the food and service onboard? Thank you in advance.

There was a band from the Philippines which played a good variety of music, did one theatre show with 4 Beatles and 8 Queen Songs.  Sky also had very good female vocalists and a stage show like American Idol.  We were on in September, the Filipinos said they will still be on the Sky until 2025 when it cruises the Philippines.    The juggler and comedian were the usual.  Even though it is a small ship, the theatre is small, and the nights when there was only one show it was often full 15 minutes before show time and we were sailing at 70% one cruise and 65% the next. 

The food was ok, some nights it was difficult for me because I do not eat meat, eggs, or dairy products.  The specialty restaurants were worth while, as we get two dinners for two because we are Sapphires, we purchased a third specialty restaurant and enjoyed the Sushi restaurant.

We were on the Sky in August.  First of all, the theatre is my favorite on any NCL ship:  spread out so you don’t have to stand to let people by and comfortable seats.  We saw 5 shows on our 9 night cruise.  A good comedian, a talented male vocalist who did two shows, a production show and a meh magician.  I thought overall it was standard cruise entertainment.  Not the broadway shows of the big ships but pretty good.  The non main stage music acts were excellent.