Sailor Club Boarding Perk is it Dedicated Line AND Early Time or just the Line?

lisabucsfan1

Question - I'm sure this has been asked before but I couldn't find it ... so apologies...

But just like the title reads, is the DBE perk only the dedicated line or is also priority boarding? A friend who is sailing with us for NYE has DBE via status match but was only offered a 3:15pm boarding time. Wondering if they can board with us at 1:45pm? Does anyone legitimately know?

Expedited Boarding

A VIP-style dedicated line at embarkation awaits you at the terminal.

It is the boarding time automatically moved to 1:30 regardless of what the app time says.  You arrive at the terminal any time after 1 and get in the "Sailor Club" line outside the terminal to get a ribbon bracelet,  This lets you into the terminal immediately at 1 and into a special boarding line of just DBE people.  Boarding will start at 1:30 or a few minutes before.  First will be Rockstar suites (78 cabins max), then Splash of Romance (75 cabins max), then DBE.  We have always been in our cabin within 15 minutes of start time.  We've had DBE for each of our cruises, and this is the way it has worked for us....sometimes with more or less hassle depending on the person at the Sailing Club desk (my fav was the one who insisted that my cabin mate had it but I didn't, despite me having an email to prove that I did!). I wasn't on HER list.  Then the check in lady in the terminal wanted to know why only one of us had a bracelet....and promptly fixed the problem.  ONCE we have entered the terminal, things have gone well.  outside.....anybody's guess depending on personnel.

You can remove the bracelet after boarding--it isn't needed for any of the other perks.
The app lists available times/assigns times based on when you did your on line check in and went to the "boarding time" page.  It is designed only to spread people out and has no recognition of status or perks that may give better times.  

Edited by cantgetin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

It is the boarding time automatically moved to 1:30 regardless of what the app time says.  You arrive at the terminal any time after 1 and get in the "Sailor Club" line outside the terminal to get a ribbon bracelet,  This lets you into the terminal immediately at 1 and into a special boarding line of just DBE people.  Boarding will start at 1:30 or a few minutes before.  First will be Rockstar suites (78 cabins max), then Splash of Romance (75 cabins max), then DBE.  We have always been in our cabin within 15 minutes of start time.  We've had DBE for each of our cruises, and this is the way it has worked for us....sometimes with more or less hassle depending on the person at the Sailing Club desk (my fav was the one who insisted that my cabin mate had it but I didn't, despite me having an email to prove that I did!). I wasn't on HER list.  Then the check in lady in the terminal wanted to know why only one of us had a bracelet....and promptly fixed the problem.  ONCE we have entered the terminal, things have gone well.  outside.....anybody's guess depending on personnel.

You can remove the bracelet after boarding--it isn't needed for any of the other perks.
The app lists available times/assigns times based on when you did your on line check in and went to the "boarding time" page.  It is designed only to spread people out and has no recognition of status or perks that may give better times.  

thanks yeah I've had DBE for a while and have generally sailed as RS or done a romance package... so wasn't quite sure how DBE worked standalone. Helpful information.

thank you!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cantgetin said:

Having ours on just happened to help us when we attended the "champagne" sail-away party.

There was someone with a clipboard checking names to get in, but they saw our blue ribbons and waved us in. A day or two later, I ripped it off. 🙂

Edited by CineGraphic

Just now, CineGraphic said:

Having ours on just happened to help us when we attended the "champagne" sail-away party.

There was someone with a clipboard checking names to get in, but they saw our blue ribbons and waved us in.

I had removed mine and carried it with me the first time at the Sailor's Club cocktail party.  Never needed it for anything at sail away.....Yes, I pulled it out of my pocket and walked in.  But the "check in" line was only a few people long, so after that didn't both with it.  I find the ribbon very irritating, so take it off as soon as reasonable...but can tuck it in a pocket if needed later.

• Like 2