Water stations

Hobar

47 minutes ago, Hobar said:

Are there water stations around the ship to refill my own flask?  Do they have ice?  Do they have sparkling water?  (I will be on Koningsdam, if that makes any difference.)

Yes - still water and ice 24/7 - just remember to use a glass to fill your container and not directly from the dispenser into your bottle.  Wide mouth bottles are the best for this purpose.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

Are the water filling stations in the Buffet regular chlorinated potable water, or do they have a filter, removing the chlorine.

It is the same water all over the ship.  Govt regulations require the chlorine be added to the water made on the ship

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, iflyrc5 said:

It is the same water all over the ship.  Govt regulations require the chlorine be added to the water made on the ship

I am well aware of the water quality standards on cruise ships and that chlorine is added to the RO & evap water made onboard. Although I am not privy to the Dutch Shipping Act and pursuant regulations, I have dealt with other Flag States, and am not aware of any regulation against filtered water.

Filtered water, both still and sparkling, was readily available on our last cruise with Viking. Supplied twice daily to the cabins and at the Buffet filling stations.

Hence my question if the HAL filling stations also filter out the chlorine that is added to the potable water. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

I am well aware of the water quality standards on cruise ships and that chlorine is added to the RO & evap water made onboard. Although I am not privy to the Dutch Shipping Act and pursuant regulations, I have dealt with other Flag States, and am not aware of any regulation against filtered water.

Filtered water, both still and sparkling, was readily available on our last cruise with Viking. Supplied twice daily to the cabins and at the Buffet filling stations.

Hence my question if the HAL filling stations also filter out the chlorine that is added to the potable water. 

I have not seen filtered water stations on any HAL ships.  You can purchase cans of still water or get them as part of your HIA package

• Like 1