Live B2B2B2B From the Carnival Magic 11/26-12/22

jam19872016

9 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

The strudel was a winner again. It looked like an egg roll so maybe crawfish egg roll would be more accurate, but it was amazing. Super flaky and so hot inside. 

The pappardelle with braised lamb was also fantastic. A very nice hearty sauce with tender pieces of meat in it. Yum. I would love to try the full size, but there are a lot of great options on this menu!

The Szechuan shrimp continued the trend and was another outstanding dish. The sauce was not as spicy as the Szechuan sauce you get at Mongolian Wok but it still had a little heat to it. Very good. I would have liked the portion size of the pasta to be a little larger but maybe that is just me.

The BBQ salmon was also very good again. You can't really see it under those monster onion rings, but it was there and it was delicious.

I finished off with the melting cake which can be hit or miss. I like it melting, you know like the name implies. This one was perfect! Just the right amount of cook time and it came out just how I like it. Quite possibly the best melting cake I've ever had.

Overall a fantastic meal from start to finish! 

Service was quick and I wonder if the dining room will be less utilized on this shorter cruise than it was on the eight day last week, or at least used more towards the end of the night. I am not used to so many early diners on a non journey cruise like we had last week.

I'm fascinated by what Cornish Game Hen might be. What has it to do with Cornwall? Was it shot in the wild as game might imply? Or is it really just chicken?

6 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

All those drinks back in the room but I'm too into the piano man to refill. 

Spicy pineapple Chipotle martini 

17022642949985146053963235345279.thumb.jpg.b53eba7c4418343f587094dd08b38cb3.jpg

Sweet Caroline 🎶 😱 

Now if I had the slightest skill at photo manipulation, I could turn that glass upside down.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, exlondoner said:

I'm fascinated by what Cornish Game Hen might be. What has it to do with Cornwall? Was it shot in the wild as game might imply? Or is it really just chicken?

Cornish hen is just a very small chicken - a cross between 2 breeds I think.  I love it!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Sort of like poussin?

Just had to look up what a poussin is.  So yes.  From wiki:

In the United States, poussin is an alternative name for a small-sized cross-breed chicken called Rock Cornish game hen, developed in the late 1950s, which is twice as old and twice as large as the typical British poussin.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, threedjmay said:

Our flight out in March got moved from 12:25PM to 4PM... so now we're trying to decide how much time we should stay on the ship until leaving for the airport. If everyone is off before 9:30 that still gets us to the airport by 10:30... which leaves the issue of what to do with bags... 

Anyone ever brought their bags with them somewhere for the day and actually enjoyed an area of Miami until your flight? Anyone ever done the Carnival excursion of going to South Beach for a few hours?

Miami has many places where you can store luggage for a fee.  I used it in South Beach last year and it was easy and convenient.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

Caught Mike and the fun squad in the DJ booth.

Here they are leaving the club. Keep an eye on Momo she is CD material. 

20231210_225609.thumb.jpg.4319638a0450f891dc2304a9f34875ac.jpg

Back to the piano bar for 18+. Not a big crowd left.

Great balls of fire 🎶 

1 hour ago, pe4all said:

Just had to look up what a poussin is.  So yes.  From wiki:

In the United States, poussin is an alternative name for a small-sized cross-breed chicken called Rock Cornish game hen, developed in the late 1950s, which is twice as old and twice as large as the typical British poussin.

Gosh, isn’t life complicated?

• Like 1

Good morning everyone. 

The ship is bouncing around quite a bit this morning as we sail alongside the coast of Cuba on our way to Cozumel.

I've got the diamond lunch coming up at noon so even though I wouldn't mind a little bit longer in this nice comfy bed, I'm goomg to get up and get ready. 

Edited by jam19872016
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Good morning everyone. 

The ship is bouncing around quite a bit this morning as we sail alongside the coast of Cuba on our way to Cozumel.

I've got the diamond lunch coming up at noon so even though I wouldn't mind a little bit longer in this nice comfy bed, I'm goomg to get up and get ready. 

Do you get table cloths?

6 hours ago, exlondoner said:

Now if I had the slightest skill at photo manipulation, I could turn that glass upside down.

I'm going to request a towel pineapple or perhaps a pineapple village display 🤔

6 hours ago, exlondoner said:

Glad this was answered because I  would have just said small chicken. I don't like meat that's still on the bone so I've never ordered it.

Table next to me got it and I swear it was the whole chicken. He told his wife it was ok but wouldn't order it again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Do you get table cloths?

I don't believe anyone still gets table cloths on Carnival except the Italian restaurant (the cheesy checkered Italian style table cloths) and perhaps the Chef's Table but at $129 I will not be able to confirm that one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

I don't believe anyone still gets table cloths on Carnival except the Italian restaurant (the cheesy checkered Italian style table cloths) and perhaps the Chef's Table but at $129 I will not be able to confirm that one.

I thought the photo you showed of dinner for specially favoured invitees had table cloths? It must be said not having them is much better for the environment, if worse for elegance and noise reduction.

• Like 1