And Just Like That.....All Checked In!!!!

slavetoabunny

I suppose I am overly excited since this is our first post-covid cruise.  Pre-covid, we sailed 2-3 times per year.   I was absolutely giddy checking in today for our December 16th sailing out of Port Canaveral on the Escape - in the Haven!  We live about an hour from the port, so it will be an easy drive for our 10:30-11:00 am check in slot.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, slavetoabunny said:

I suppose I am overly excited since this is our first post-covid cruise.  Pre-covid, we sailed 2-3 times per year.   I was absolutely giddy checking in today for our December 16th sailing out of Port Canaveral on the Escape - in the Haven!  We live about an hour from the port, so it will be an easy drive for our 10:30-11:00 am check in slot.

It's always a great feeling to get the Check-In completed.

The difficult part can be waiting for Embarkation Day! 😉

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, slavetoabunny said:

I was absolutely giddy checking in today for our December 16th sailing out of Port Canaveral on the Escape - in the Haven!

Some 🐀's get just as giddy checking in for an exciting journey in steerage!!  @ggTexasGalwill be able to confirm my giddyness in a matter of days.😎

tick, tock, tick, tock.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For some strange reason, unlike NCL cruises for as long as I can remember, I have not received a single email telling me to (re)watch the safety video.  Usually, it's about a half dozen by now.  Did they finally fire the guy responsible for annoying the heck out of their loyal customers?

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

For some strange reason, unlike NCL cruises for as long as I can remember, I have not received a single email telling me to (re)watch the safety video.  Usually, it's about a half dozen by now.  Did they finally fire the guy responsible for annoying the heck out of their loyal customers?

Haven’t received a single one yet. Crossing fingers the one I watched during check in was enough. Only comment was the video was so bad omg someone needs to film it again.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SoloAlaska said:

Haven’t received a single one yet. Crossing fingers the one I watched during check in was enough. Only comment was the video was so bad omg someone needs to film it again.

I'll click delete as many times as I need to if we can avoid going back to that awful in-person cluster drill.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Some 🐀's get just as giddy checking in for an exciting journey in steerage!!  @ggTexasGalwill be able to confirm my giddyness in a matter of days.😎

tick, tock, tick, tock.....

I'm getting giddy about being able to book dining in 9-days for my April Encore repo. Bring it!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Oh yeah?  Well I get giddy when I hit that courtesy hold for a cruise in 2026.  How about that?🤡

Wanna talk about giddy? I booked the Spirit for New Zealand. A week later it was cancelled, and I got a 10% FCC that I used on our April Encore repo. That's giddy with benefits! 😆

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I'll click delete as many times as I need to if we can avoid going back to that awful in-person cluster drill.

How can you say that when there are those here on CC who insist that the video safety drill was so much better than the video safety drill and who insist that we need to return to those days of yester year.

19 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

No, they moved him to the flight notifications. I've gotten 6 now for my December cruise - every time I see one, I panic, wondering what has changed.  So far, nothing has changed, as far as I can tell.

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

How can you say that when there are those here on CC who insist that the video safety drill was so much better than the video safety drill and who insist that we need to return to those days of yester year.

Simple.  We all know that NCL cruise ship deaths have skyrocketed since they stopped that critical in person cluster/muster, but I just choose to ignore that FACT and pretend that I'm just as safe with a silly video.  Livin on the edge baby....👻

• Haha 3

We are all checked in successfully for our December 10, 2023 cruise on the NCL Encore as well.  So excited !!!!

I think I am over thinking things because I have not cruised in 5 years.. So please do not laugh... I checked the NCL site & the travel.state.gov site both, so I think all looks good on our travel docs..

We are cruising from Miami Port back to Miami Port & we stop in the Dominican Republic, the US Virgin Islands, the British Virgin Islands, & GSC/Bahamas... We both have passports, from what I am seeing on travel.state.gov. we do NOT need travel visas's? Correct?  

I assumed no until I watched a video on Youtube this morning of someone sailing out of New York & the You Tube Vloggers stated they were going on a "Carribean" Cruise & they were denied boarding because they did not have a travel visa.. I am assuming those people were possibly not US citizens?    We are both US Citizens, we live in  TX, we are boarding the NCL Encore in Miami FL & disembarking in Miami FL.    We do not need a travel visa, correct??????

20 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

The safety video for us was in the Online Check In process. We both watched it & attested to watching it on the Online Check In. 

5 minutes ago, Noworkforme23 said:

The safety video for us was in the Online Check In process. We both watched it & attested to watching it on the Online Check In. 

Me too - couldn't progress to the next step without watching the video.  I watched it twice - once for me and once for hubby.  The check in didn't like hubby's picture, but took mine.  After two tries with hubby's it just said they would take it at the terminal.

I printed out edocs this morning.  The excitement builds!!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Noworkforme23 said:

We are all checked in successfully for our December 10, 2023 cruise on the NCL Encore as well.  So excited !!!!

I think I am over thinking things because I have not cruised in 5 years.. So please do not laugh... I checked the NCL site & the travel.state.gov site both, so I think all looks good on our travel docs..

We are cruising from Miami Port back to Miami Port & we stop in the Dominican Republic, the US Virgin Islands, the British Virgin Islands, & GSC/Bahamas... We both have passports, from what I am seeing on travel.state.gov. we do NOT need travel visas's? Correct?  

I assumed no until I watched a video on Youtube this morning of someone sailing out of New York & the You Tube Vloggers stated they were going on a "Carribean" Cruise & they were denied boarding because they did not have a travel visa.. I am assuming those people were possibly not US citizens?    We are both US Citizens, we live in  TX, we are boarding the NCL Encore in Miami FL & disembarking in Miami FL.    We do not need a travel visa, correct??????

You’ve got your passports you’re good to go. Maybe the bloggers weren’t American or maybe the story was complicated like if they had criminal issues in the US or something I don’t know. So many Americans get mad at Canada when we don’t let them in because of criminal issues which they consider minor (aka DUI). You rarely get the full story from vloggers.

9 minutes ago, Noworkforme23 said:

Yes.   It always is.  Many of us who have cruised since Covid have had our email inboxes flooded with additional requests from NCL to rewatch that video.