LIVE REPORT Christmas Markets-MSC Euribia 1-8th Dec 2023 -New Ship-YC Balcony suite

ConnieTact

After dinner, we went to the Carousel Lounge to check out the big band offering. We found two seats, just inside the door and noticed another two places we may have sat if we didn’t mind sharing space with others couples. 
The large orchestra played well. I just don’t like that type of music so we left and went to Masters of the Sea and caught Roberto singing Hotel California! Again, we found seats.

We then watches a bit of the White Party from upstairs and turned in for the evening.

IMG_3905.jpeg

IMG_3906.jpeg

IMG_3896.jpeg

• Thanks 1

I should have taken the photos straight away but I forgot so not the best! 😅

we waited for our breakfast to arrive between 9.45 and 10am this morning and it didn’t come! So I called to enquire and was surprised by what followed.

Our butler knocked on the door holding the breakfast order card I had dutifully filled in late last night and told me he wanted to check with me that this was my order. I confirmed that it was and he then showed me I had written the wrong room number on the top of the form! (I must have been tired!😝).

So the breakfast has indeed been delivered, to that room! 😅

Can you believe that the people in that would accept the breakfast without question?! 
😂IMG_5272.thumb.jpeg.4895211cd443a72dca835960beb6b198.jpeg

We still had our breakfast (minus the berries which were ‘over’) as they made us another one. Can’t help thinking that the people in a nearby cabin are tucking into them! 😀

I will be getting Mr CT to double check the form tonight!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, LouChamp said:

Aloha.  Thank you for taking time to post reports and of course food pictures! We love the UK and hope you have a wonderful holiday!

Hi @LouChamp Thank you for your feedback! I am glad you’re enjoying it! I sometimes wonder if it’s worth doing these reports but I know I always enjoy reading them by others so it’s good to do my bit! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

We were following alongside an Aida ship earlier. There’s good visibility today and the sea is calm.
We went for a quick two laps of the ship walkway so I managed to get a ‘few steps in’! It was windy out there on one side of the ship and a very few brave souls tried the pool and hot tubs! From their excitable reactions to the pool it sounded like good fun! 
The sun is out but it still feels very cold.

IMG_3857.jpeg

IMG_3929.jpeg

IMG_3925.jpeg

IMG_3928.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We had a delightful lunch today with real Neapolitan flavour. Mr CT’s mother was from the Naples area and so is Salvatore the yacht Club restaurant manager. He told us he would be cooking a traditional dish just as his Nonna did at lunchtime today. We made sure we were there! The recipe that had been passed down over the years.
It was a ‘special’ so not on the menu, and was pasta Fagioli. It translates as pasta with beans. The hearty dish tasted delicious and we both agreed my mother in law would have enjoyed it too!

It was served with Casatiello, a wonderful bread stuffed with hard boiled egg, ham and cheese. 
As a Nonna myself, I think I owe it to the grandchildren to learn these dishes and pass it down our family line. The bonus is- I’ll have to do lots of tasting first! 😜

Thanks to Salvatore for reminding us of this simple but, very special, Italian dish. 

IMG_3916.jpeg

IMG_3918.jpeg

IMG_5283.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I’ll post later about the show but this morning we woke up to this!

We had the ‘white patty’ now we have the ‘white day!’

First few shots from our balcony- nothing but white! 😅

I think photos are automatically loading upside down but I guess in this case- it doesn’t matter! 😂IMG_4002.thumb.jpeg.332ef47259a3b9b5036b5d502bd6b0d5.jpegIMG_4005.thumb.jpeg.0fdacbce4a0f63cb61884128a2616d31.jpeg

I have permission to load this sneaky shot of MrCT checking out the view in my coat which I insisted he wore! 😜

IMG_4006.thumb.jpeg.ba9e0101699122101127c62313907e83.jpeg

IMG_4004.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Then still donned in PJs and coat with warm Uggs on feet - I ventured to the outside door to the upper deck to bring you live footage. 

I left the suite using the words of Lawrence Oates who was on the famous expedition with Scott to the Antarctic; 

“I am just going outside and may be some time”.

MrCT looked at me and advised I took my keycard (as well as my wrist band watch) otherwise I may be longer than I imagined! 🥶❄️

• Thanks 1

IMG_4027.thumb.jpeg.4a02cfee8cefeaa09d8a19cb4617f837.jpegLast night’s live show reflected the various ports on this itinerary with flavours from each country. I have to say the same as the first night the first two or three singers really are not up to delivering solos. At points, we could not hear their voices at all and the sound was weak. It improved after the fourth song and one of the stronger singers had a few songs so that was better. He sang a A-Ha song and again as aerial acrobatics were performed.

IMG_4029.thumb.jpeg.07dde4cf98c72060ad685d012f09b83d.jpegIMG_4037.thumb.jpeg.fa1716d85ea5db0f8e2b719e09cd753d.jpeg
The show started weak but ended really well. By the time they were in the last act, honestly they were performing on a par to NCL. Why the whole show can’t be like that? It’s a mystery! 
IMG_4038.thumb.jpeg.89984c1d76df31165c56d886bd6de6dd.jpeg

IMG_4032.jpeg

IMG_4033.jpeg

IMG_4039.jpeg

IMG_4040.jpeg

IMG_4026.jpeg

Edited by ConnieTact
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We went back to the Top Sail lounge to catch the last of the entertainment. As the guests gradually retired back to their suites, there was only a handful of us left. I took the opportunity to have a little dance with a willing participant who also loves dancing!

IMG_4042.thumb.jpeg.287d16f1ed6dda4dffcd224bbcbc6e3d.jpeg

• Like 1