LIVE REPORT Christmas Markets-MSC Euribia 1-8th Dec 2023 -New Ship-YC Balcony suite

ConnieTact

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"And another from ConnieTact! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! Please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

ConnieTact was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

Here we go again! Although similar to other reports I’ve done, (as the Virtuosa is almost identical), I’ll comment on the differences Euribia. 

The aim of the report is to help others about to sail and, those considering whether or not to book. 

Also, it’s great for me to be able to scroll back and remember happy times when I’m at home and in between cruises! It’s surprising what one forgets, and how good it is when the pictures and text bring it all back to life!

I welcome questions about the ship. I love a challenge, and finding things out, so ask away!

For now, I’m checking tickets and my bookings. Also, thinking about what outfits to take and more importantly, what I can leave at home without regret! 

I’ve sorted out cat care and am winding things up nicely at work. I do work in the world of watchmaking, so a bit of a pun there! 

Counting down the days now! Only four more sleeps! (Eight if you include afternoon naps! 😅).

Feel free to follow along on this fabulous festive cruise! 🎄

IMG_5227.jpeg

IMG_5226.jpeg

IMG_5228.jpeg

Edited by ConnieTact
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Stocksy82 said:

Hope you have your sea sickness tablets ready (if you suffer) this week has been a little rough!!

Ha ha! We always take Stugeron tablets along and take them if the Captain announces it may be rough. Works like magic every time! 
We have often sailed this route in winter and even the dreaded Bay of Biscay! We did the latter in October and it was deemed to be rough but we were both fine. Even some staff were ill but to be fair they have to stand up and do their duties. We could make sure we were in a central venue, such as Masters of the sea, and sit and relax.
Apart from the tablets we also watch what we eat, usually avoiding creamy or overly rich food. Some swear by sliced green apple.
We enjoy being rocked to sleep at night although, I have read that, some hear loud bangs as waves hit the ship. It must depend on the position of the cabin.

We have been in older and smaller ships and even one that listed! 😱

We tend to avoid those now, and stick with newer ones with good stabilisers!

I hope you enjoyed your cruise @Stocksy82

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Having a great time so far, you just have to learn where to avoid at certain times. We're at the front of the ship so the crashing and creaking is certainly real. Fortunately I don't feel ill with rough weather, however my wife does. Dinner for one is peaceful however lol.

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Stocksy82 said:

Having a great time so far, you just have to learn where to avoid at certain times. We're at the front of the ship so the crashing and creaking is certainly real. Fortunately I don't feel ill with rough weather, however my wife does. Dinner for one is peaceful however lol.

Oh sorry for Mrs Stocksy82. Mr CT sometimes prefers to lie down and I have to go solo to enjoy the champagne and dancing! It’s a hard life eh?! 😅😂
He did pretty well on the last cruise, when I encouraged him to join me midship as it’s so much better there than at the front!

Although I understand the yacht club has the best ‘captain’s view’ it also feels the oncoming waves more! It’s the same on all the ships with best suites either front or back. We’re as far back as can be in YC and last of the row this time but we have been very front twice before. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stocksy82 said:

Even better news they keep changing the opening times of Masters of the Sea, yesterday was 1pm, today 2pm. A massive improvement over 5pm previously.

It was always open early on a sea day on Virtuosa. Good news though. So are you on Zeebrugge today?

9 hours ago, Cruizing103 said:

Hello, what theme nights are scheduled on your ship? 

I am expecting a 60s/70s/80s party night, a white night and Gala/Elegant night.

Not sure what Christmas activities will be onboard but watch this space! 
Oh! Talking about space….there could be a ‘silent space party’ too! 

18 hours ago, Stocksy82 said:

Even better news they keep changing the opening times of Masters of the Sea, yesterday was 1pm, today 2pm. A massive improvement over 5pm previously.

@Stocksy82 Has the Yacht Club Grill and bar been open much this cruise? I know they close if it’s too inclement! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stocksy82 said:

It's been open most days, only closed today and on Saturday.

That’s great. I was wondering with it being so cold, whether they wouldn’t open the area. I’ll keep my fingers crossed that it’s the same for my trip! 

• Like 1

Well I’ve just about finished my packing! Lots of jumpers and warm clothing as well as a bit of glam for the evenings! 
lt was snowing in Southampton today so hope the train will still be running, as we will be going to our local station to get a direct train to Southampton Central.

i know there is a planned strike on the day before we return so I’m guessing trains will be crowded with delayed passengers travelling.

I’ve packed 36 Christmas rubber ducks to hide around the ship and my kind son made some tags for me to attach to them. I think I’ll take them with me and do their tagging on the ship. It has become a tradition for me to duck-hide now! Earlier in the year, I hid green ‘Irish lucky ducks’, then purple ‘Ambassador’ themed purple ducks and on October 31st, Halloween ducks! 
It’s about the fun of hiding them in the ship for people to find and the thought they are making people smile! 😊 

IMG_5231.jpeg

IMG_3782.jpeg

Edited by ConnieTact
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Stocksy82 said:

I hope you have the best time when you join tomorrow. We've been thoroughly spoilt in YC and have to say this is probably the cleanest a room has ever been kept anywhere we've stayed. The junior butler is incredible.

Thanks @Stocksy82 - I’m getting excited now! I always write to customer services at MSC to name the people I particularly want to praise! One bartender told me she gets an extra couple of hours off if this happens. 👍

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, showingdiva said:

Most of the trains in and out of Southampton Central were on time today, a few were a few minutes late arriving / departing.   Mainly Great Western services.     The only real delays were to freight trains.

Have a great holiday.  She's a lovely ship,

Thanks @showingdivaThat’s reassuring to hear! 
Thanks for your well wishes too!

I’m getting excited now!

Had my manicure this afternoon and just had hair appointment so I think I’m ready to be taken out for a pre-cruise supper! 
No washing up for me tonight! 😂

• Like 2