LIVE REPORT Christmas Markets-MSC Euribia 1-8th Dec 2023 -New Ship-YC Balcony suite

ConnieTact

Well, although they were pretty good about me packing earlier, the cats made their feelings known to Mr CT as he attempted to get his case filled! 
They have extensive and wonderful care when we are away so, I really don’t know what the fuss is about! 😅😍😾😿

IMG_5251.jpeg

• Like 2

Those cats are adorable! Masters of the Sea seems to have been resolved with the earlier opening time however, if they go back to 5pm opening, the first hour is complete carnage as Brits fight for a drink, not our proudest moment... Carousel, oh my. The Big Band and the singers are superb, the venue however is frustrating. No seats by 8pm for the 9:30 show and nobody leaves, just sit there for the second show. So either forget your evening to get a seat or be prepared to stand by the bar. 

I really wished they'd do something about the theatre and refuse entry once the show starts, but they don't so just be prepared for people wandering past and into the YC section for the first half of the show.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stocksy82 said:

Those cats are adorable! Masters of the Sea seems to have been resolved with the earlier opening time however, if they go back to 5pm opening, the first hour is complete carnage as Brits fight for a drink, not our proudest moment... Carousel, oh my. The Big Band and the singers are superb, the venue however is frustrating. No seats by 8pm for the 9:30 show and nobody leaves, just sit there for the second show. So either forget your evening to get a seat or be prepared to stand by the bar. 

I really wished they'd do something about the theatre and refuse entry once the show starts, but they don't so just be prepared for people wandering past and into the YC section for the first half of the show.

Wow! That doesn’t sound great! Mind you, there was very, very little seating in the Virtuosa bar so I’m guessing at least there must be more in the Carosel. Best just get our dancing shoes on then! 😅😜

I’ll report back how I find it. 
We may be mostly in Masters of the Sea as we love Roberto’s singing.

Sounds annoying regarding the interruption during shows. Again, maybe we’ll sit in the front row and forget about the ‘YC’ back of theatre ‘special’ seating….especially if not kept ‘special’! 😅

Thanks for the inside tips! Forewarned is forearmed and all that!! 
I’ll give you a wave as we board tomorrow! 
I guess you won’t be in too much of a hurry to get off?! 😜

• Like 1

We discovered a screw in our car’s back tyre last night on the way back from our pre-cruise meal at local Thai. We had intended ti leave it at home and just take an Uber to the station. Just as well we weren’t hoping to drive it to Southampton! It’s a little Smart car so doesn’t carry a spare! 😅

IMG_5252.jpeg

A cold start! Train was just 4 minutes late. We were glad when it arrived. Lots of commuters at this time so we had to stand for one station. (Only 10 minutes) and then secured great seats by the luggage rack. We will feel happier keeping an eye on our cases.

IMG_3856.jpeg

IMG_3796.jpeg

Edited by ConnieTact
  • Thanks 1

Just went past the old Cadbury ‘Bournville’ factory in Keynsham. It’s closed now but I used to enjoy going there for work training days and getting the chance to buy less than half price Cadbury good. I used to go home with carrier bags bulging with chocolates! 

IMG_3797.jpeg

• Thanks 1

We arrived at the port and were surprised that the terminal had changed! Not the Horizon but ‘city terminal’ instead. The Uber driver was good and turned around and got us to the correct place. A few yards to walk then we were warmly greeted by the Yacht club tent and bags taken from ys. 
Then straight through a dedicated security hall- we were the only ones there! 
Then into another area for registration and the all important welcome drink! 
All super efficient and over in minutes.

We were given watches again (like on Virtuosa during Covid times!)

IMG_3834.jpeg

IMG_3804.jpeg

IMG_3809.jpeg

IMG_3810.jpeg

IMG_3835.jpeg

Edited by ConnieTact
  • Like 2

I had a bit of a panic when the coffee machine seemed to be giving me coffee flavoured water for my tea! 😅

I phoned for a kettle and was told they couldn’t provide one! 😬 I would have to order pots of tea as and when I wanted them. 
After ten minutes a butler arrived with teas and asked me if I needed more tea bags. I explained about the machine and he patiently showed me the right way to use the machine to get clear clean water through. 
later he brought me tea bags aplenty and told me he would let my butler know I require a tea pot in the room.

Brilliant service!

I would recommend you ask if you need something- don’t suffer in silence just let the team know- they want to please! 

IMG_3831.jpeg

IMG_3838.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Delighted to hear all going well so far.   I'm not sure why the next few Euribia cruises are leaving from the City Terminal instead of Horizon.   Maybe some repair or maintenance work.

As for the fruit, I don't do YC, but had noticed on Euribia in particular that the range everywhere was more than  the usual suspects of apples, oranges, bananas etc.    They seem to have a very large supply of kiwi fruit  🤣

8 minutes ago, showingdiva said:

Delighted to hear all going well so far.   I'm not sure why the next few Euribia cruises are leaving from the City Terminal instead of Horizon.   Maybe some repair or maintenance work.

As for the fruit, I don't do YC, but had noticed on Euribia in particular that the range everywhere was more than  the usual suspects of apples, oranges, bananas etc.    They seem to have a very large supply of kiwi fruit  🤣

I did a little prying regarding the reason and apparently the Horizon terminal (although so recently opened in September 2021) was there are floors that needed relaying in the security and other areas. 
the fruit is amazing and I’m glad to hear it’s not just for the yacht clubbers! 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Stocksy82 said:

We had the exact same cabin layout as you and they are fabulous. Ours was a bit creeky at night so hope you don't suffer the same fate.

Our Junior Butler Eder was incredible. Kept the room immaculate.

Hope you had/are having a good journey home!

About to do the drill. Very loud announcement in cabin made sure we didn’t nap through it! 😅😂

• Thanks 1

Did the drill - actually used lifts (I know! I know! If it was a real emergency I wouldn’t 😅😂). I didn’t fancy walking the 11 decks down to the theatre! 
We are actually in theatre now waiting for he first of two shows. Generation Rock or something. We bypassed YC seating and are closer to stage. Theatre filling up nicely!  

IMG_3864.jpeg

• Thanks 1

The theatre show presented some strong rock songs from the past and some were sang well with a few voices not quite doing them justice. The costumes were good and the lighting colourful and fun. While the dancing didn’t have the sharp accuracy as some other cruise lines, such as NCL, it was fine.

A few people came in late and they were being directed to seats by a manager. The yacht club seats were not full and still ‘cordoned off’ so I think they were being ‘protected’ better than last week! 
it amazes us how some people chat throughout the show and only seem to notice there’s a show on when it’s time to clap! It spoils the show for folk around them and is disrespectful to performers. We had such a couple in front of us last night and the woman spent the entire half hour show moaning at her husband who had brought her the wrong drink! 
There were two fabulously strong aerial artists who performed to the Fleetwood Mac song ‘The Chain’.

• Like 2

We enjoyed excellent service in the Yacht Club restaurant last night. I was rather disappointed in the salmon which was dry and over cooked and the veg were served cold. I reported this and it was replaced with freshly cooked fish and hot veg. 
the staff showed they cared and checked back to make sure I was happy with the food.

We met the sommelier, Ljubica and she helped us decide on which wines to pair with our meals. Both were excellent choices and new to us.

Lastly, the crepe suzette, with ice cream and toasted almonds was my favourite dish so far! Really top class food! We saw it being made as we came in the restaurant and that helped to build my appetite for the sweet, lemony nutty dish! 

IMG_3893.jpeg

IMG_3895.jpeg

IMG_3890.jpeg

IMG_3894.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1