What to see in Bassaterre?

Kelly in CO

We'll be spending a day in St. Kitts in early January (NCL Viva). We have excursions booked for most of the other port days and were thinking it might be nice to just wander a little and explore around the town near the port area in St. Kitts.  For those who've been there, what is there to do and see if you aren't taking a specific excursion?  Thanks in advance. 🙂

2 hours ago, Kelly in CO said:

We'll be spending a day in St. Kitts in early January (NCL Viva). We have excursions booked for most of the other port days and were thinking it might be nice to just wander a little and explore around the town near the port area in St. Kitts.  For those who've been there, what is there to do and see if you aren't taking a specific excursion?  Thanks in advance. 🙂

Welcome to CC

Explore the town equates to viewing shops, stalls, and a few churches.  That’s about it.

Take a tour, or head to Nevis with Bluewater Safaris, then walk down to beach to Sunshine’s to be brave with a few Killer Bees.

PS

Nearly forgot… If a Cigar Aficionado then pay a visit to https://shop.lcdh.com

For a slow smoke with a glass of something special.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
PS

2 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Welcome to CC

Explore the town equates to viewing shops, stalls, and a few churches.  That’s about it.

Take a tour, or head to Nevis with Bluewater Safaris, then walk down to beach to Sunshine’s to be brave with a few Killer Bees.

PS

Nearly forgot… If a Cigar Aficionado then pay a visit to https://shop.lcdh.com

For a slow smoke with a glass of something special.

Yummy!! PORT ROYAL giving excellent advice(as usual). 🤜🤛

"slow smoke with a glass of something special" you ARE KILLING ME!!! 

That sounds WONDERFUL!! 🌟🌟🌟🌟

I appreciate the reply. But our group is a "don't drink - don't smoke" bunch. 😉

My brother and his boys managed to book the mini-speed boats/snorkeling tour, which sounds like great fun. But there was no more room on it, so four of us aren't able to do it. Since we are packing in a ton of other activities (including snorkeling a couple of times, ATVs, and zip lines) in other ports, we were wondering if St. Kitts might be a good place to see the local culture, etc.

35 minutes ago, Kelly in CO said:

I appreciate the reply. But our group is a "don't drink - don't smoke" bunch. 😉

My brother and his boys managed to book the mini-speed boats/snorkeling tour, which sounds like great fun. But there was no more room on it, so four of us aren't able to do it. Since we are packing in a ton of other activities (including snorkeling a couple of times, ATVs, and zip lines) in other ports, we were wondering if St. Kitts might be a good place to see the local culture, etc.

One will then suggest a walking tour with a “Local”….. Link - https://www.toursbylocals.com/WalkingTourofBasseterre

36 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

One will then suggest a walking tour with a “Local”….. Link - https://www.toursbylocals.com/WalkingTourofBasseterre

PORT ROYAL I just checked out this tour.

That's a great walking tour and I'm picky. $300 for up to 6 people  very reasonable. 

That's a nice tour, where the hell did you find that one? Been to this destination many times knew nothing about it. I've been running out of things to do on St. Kitts, this tourbylocals is great!! Thank you!!