March 30-April 7 2024 Coastal California: A spring break cruise?

Sea bucket

I would say to expect kids and families and be pleasantly surprised if there are none!

I teach at a California university--that is our spring break.  I always cruise during this time and there seems to lots of families and kids--even on Holland America and out of San Diego.  Don't see a lot of stereotypical college spring break kids, but a number of families are usually on a cruise during that time.

I'm not on this cruise during my 2024 spring break but over on Princess (out of LA) for a 10-day Total Solar Eclipse cruise!

But I am booked on the Koningsdam for my 2025 spring break!

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

That would be Mexico, not a HAL cruise. Apples and oranges.

What is the "foreign port" for a California cruise, if not Ensenada, Mexico?

Just saying there is party fever in California too over spring break. So it can be a risk. But assume Carnival picks up most of the Spring Break party hearty crowd. 

Will absolutely have more kids/teens.  It is that time of the year (even on the West Coast) and folks are coming back to cruising.  HAL still has a decent presence on the West Coast, without the incredible competition that exists in the Florida market.  We have long posted that if folks do not want to be surrounded with tons of kids/teens, do not take a short cruise (10 days or less) during spring break months.

Hank