Buying Unlimited Beverage Package onboard with pregnant wife

We leave this Friday (12/1) on Allure just for the weekend. I wasn't planning on getting the beverage package since this last minute trip was going to be used more to just relax/spend some time in the spa. My wife is 21 weeks pregnant (so we just made this sailing), and now I'm thinking maybe I want to purchase the beverage package once onboard. I know it will be more money than if I purchased in advance, but will they still require me to purchase one for my wife? Or will I have to go to guest services to purchase the beverage package and tell them about our situation?

5 minutes ago, iscruisingdunzo said:

You should buy it prior to sailing for just yourself since your wife is preggo. Just call and they can do this for you. 

The cutoff was yesterday to do so. I still haven't decided if I want to purchase the beverage package, just want to know if I will be able to onboard and not have to pay for her.

25 minutes ago, teddybear231 said:

Thank you! Do you know if I will have to go to guest services, or would any bar be able to do it?

When you board, there will be tables set up in several locations, where staff will be trying to sell beverage packages.

I am on Liberty right now and met a couple in a similar situation, although the woman was only 3 months pregnant. The guy bought the deluxe beverage package but had to buy the refreshment package for his wife. He said they gave him a discount on the deluxe package (I didn’t ask what he paid). 

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I am on Liberty right now and met a couple in a similar situation, although the woman was only 3 months pregnant. The guy bought the deluxe beverage package but had to buy the refreshment package for his wife. He said they gave him a discount on the deluxe package (I didn’t ask what he paid). 

Yes, the usual requirement is to purchase the Refreshment package for other Adult in Cabin. Also haven't personally heard about it a while but get caught sharing a drink from any package Royal would cancel package and charge full price for all Drinks consumed until that point

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2023 at 1:02 AM, PhillyFan33579 said:

Yup, that's exactly what happened to us!

• Thanks 1