Back After 4 Years!

scottie99

We are Diamond +.   Our last RCL was Jewel out of Dubai .

Since then after lockdown we have cruised Azamara, P &O and Virgin and are sailing on Anthem out of UK next May.

Things seem to have changed with RCL in these 4 years.

May I ask some questions? It seems we get get 5 D plus drinks each day.   Do you have to say to the bar tender that you would like a voucher drink or is it automatically on your card?

The BOGO specialty restaurant discount seems confusing.   Can we go to a restaurant first night and request this and then go on second night to another speciality and my wife would use her BOGO. Would this let us eat in specialty restaurants on 2 nights of our choice later in the cruise as “free” nights?

Lastly ( for now! , I’m sure there will be more questions!}, I know that RCL, in line with other lines, now do only service the room once per day, did I see somewhere that you can choose whether this is morning or evening?

Thanks

D+ drinks: The drinks are loaded on your SeaPass card account. When you buy a drink they will scan your card and see that you have Diamond drinks available. Some bartenders will ask if you want to use a Diamond drink, others will just use one of your free drinks unless you tell them not to. If you are ordering something lower-priced, such as a beer or bottle of water, you can tell the bartender not to use your Diamond drinks so you can save them for more expensive drinks. The 5 drinks expire at the end of the day, use them or lose them. 

For the BOGO, you have to use it on the first two nights of the cruise, although sometimes they will let you use it later on the cruise. My guess is I have been able to use it later on the cruise when speciality restaurants weren’t close to being fully booked. 

Based on your comment, you could go to a speciality restaurant night one and you pay for it and your wife would eat for free. Then just reverse it the second night and go to a speciality restaurant and have your wife pay and you would eat for free. 

• Like 1