RoyalUp and gty cabins

22 hours ago, little britain said:

I have a gty for my cruise in January ( don’t go there ok…) and today is 60 days out and I receive the RoyalUp email.  It’s hard to Up if you don’t know what you are Upping from!! 
I should be allocated a balcony as my Up list starts with large balcony then moved up through the suites..but interesting not the top

loft suites and I see there are a few available left to book 

Is it possible that an Up could be allocated before my regular cabin? I’d hate to bid on something that I would have got anyway! 

You can wait with your bid - no need to rush it! Usually the first time Royal UP runs is at the 30 day mark or later!

My parents booked a GTY and I found their room number assignment four months before our sailing by booking specialty dining (for our whole group - we're linked). Their room number showed up next to their names on the app when I went to select who I was purchasing for. Obviously not all cruises would assign this early, but it doesn't hurt to check! You don't actually have to purchase the meal; you just need to get to the screen with the names. 

GTY assignments are random. As are actually getting Royal Up upgrades.

I’ve been assigned my gty room the day after booking before(months out). Currently I’m 30 days out on Odyssey and no room assignment on what now appears to be a fully sold out cruise on Dec 31. I have Royal up bids setup but I doubt I’m getting an upgrade.

17 hours ago, retiredgram said:

I have tried the search but did not have luck.  How do you do the barcode trick??

Also, can it be done with android phone? Thank you.

Yes.  You will need 2 devices (phone, computer, tablet). Pull up set sail pass on 1st device.  2nd device (phone is best) make sure you have a QR/Barcode app on phone.  Open the QR/barcode app and point it at the 1st device with the set sail pass.  The last 4 #s is your room.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

You will need 2 devices (phone, computer, tablet).

You can do it all on one device, like a laptop. Pull up the SetSail pass w/ barcode in the planner, save the image of the barcode and upload that image to an online barcode decoder.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

You can do it all on one device, like a laptop. Pull up the SetSail pass w/ barcode in the planner, save the image of the barcode and upload that image to an online barcode decoder.

I do it that way normally but for some, it can be confusing.  That's why I posted the alternate way.  I had friends who could not understand how to do it on one device so, via text messages, they were successful using 2 devices.

• Like 1