“LIVE” from Apex, December 2nd-First Celeb to the Carib Sailing!

niksmom630

4 hours ago, hcat said:

thanks..so Elite Lite bkfst is at the Bistro..a nice bright space but not as large as the Tuscan Rest.  where it was held on  EDGE and BEYOND..

great ongoing review..great info

We were on the Edge in March and the Elite breakfast was in the Bistro. I think it’s normally there in Edge class ships but they move it if there are a large number of Elites and above. 

• Like 1

Day 5 and dinner recap coming up. DH decided to have some fun with me and closed the privacy shade on the balcony 🤨 needless to say there was nary a sliver of light coming through, so I slept way later than normal. 

the 3 Card Poker table was finally kind to me last night, but I had to check to safe this morning to  see “how kind” because I had more than my fair share of wines last evening 😵🥳😵‍💫

dinner on the Edge was very good. Not certain it was worth the price of admission, and if you’re not a shellfish/seafood lover, not sure what other options there might be. There is no menu, it is served family style. 

since we all eat seafood and had no allergies I assume we got the “standard”  offerings 

first up was breads. Nothing unique here, or different than the MDR options, other than the shape of the butter 😂 

apologies in advance for the photo quality, it was very dark 

IMG_6366.thumb.jpeg.d339bde6cd5b6eb86e012f19b84f1284.jpeg

• Like 5

Followed by chilled lobster, crab, shrimp and oysters, along with a caprese salad of sorts.

IMG_6371.thumb.jpeg.65a6850ee74c3fcdabcb28b0fcd2003e.jpeg

the main course, Lobster tails, branzino, beef tenderloin. all delicious despite how the photo looks 

IMG_6372.thumb.jpeg.66fa8a6bf8fded08259ec4fa075b0d2f.jpeg

and a veggie type side

IMG_6373.thumb.jpeg.da9dc5468c73ae3054fcbee847470e34.jpeg

then dessert! 😜 offta, they could use a new pastry chef……the “chocolate cigar” was good. Dark chocolate filled with a mousse. the powdered sugar puffy things were nothing but air  til you got to the center, then it was a sour jam of sorts!  2/10 only because of the chocolate cigar 

IMG_6379.thumb.jpeg.eb835e33830d8d81e6e707507437afeb.jpeg

• Like 5

The numbering is a bit confusing ….IMG_6395.thumb.jpeg.21b661c155dd5cf7caea589ad7fdfdec.jpeg

IMG_6393.thumb.jpeg.8f21b5a4df7fe642340b9ab69322b973.jpeg

but that’s because each cabana can be split into 2. So if you have a large cabana, as we do, cabana 7 includes 8.

we expected this to be shaded,  but as you can

tell, it will really depend, since the “ceiling” over them is quite high…

FYI @depplep

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, schooner_Drinker said:

Hey Chris 

Enjoy your cabana day 🍹

Loving the photos

How long do you get the Cabana for 

Is it a 8am to 8pm set up, and can you choose the exact one you want 

Also I don’t see it in the App, where did you go to book it (planner) ?

TIA

Nancy 

I found it listed under the dining tab, scroll over to the right “special offers” . we called to reserve on boarding day. 

They are randomly assigned we were told , but guessing if you  “know people” , you might be able to make a request. 

ours was available starting at 9 am. We were also told the charge was $190 , not $300, because it’s a port day. Hasn’t hit our traveling companions folio yet, so I’ll update later. We have an assigned waiter for the day. Appears they will boot us out at 5 pm if the app is accurate. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, depplep said:

Are the breakfast items different in the Bistro compared to the MDR's?

Pretty sure the bistro items for Elite and + are “continental” fare. I’ll check tomorrow.

Cosmopolitan was dining room serving breakfast. We tried it one day. I was wearing shorts and a tank top and didn’t really think I was dressed appropriately to sit down, but the hostess seating people said I was fine. Men were asked to remove their hats/ caps…. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ciaranaman said:

They really need to think about adding some kind of retractable awning for the cabana areas.  Anything to block the sun.  That would be a deal breaker for me.

~Bernadette

agreed. They could definately come up with something as I was looking up. 

IMG_6404.thumb.jpeg.40cad9de324675ef987ab02c142d94e5.jpeg

overall a great day minus the lack of shade, I would do it again in a heartbeat. It think it was just dumb luck because of how we were docked…..

• Like 1