FCC questions

sadiwest

I've never had a future cruise credit, but are going to receive one soon as a result of an issue we had.  I've gotten the letter telling us it'll be mailed within 3 days, so I don't yet have access to much information.

If we already have a cruise booked, can we use the FCC towards some of the balance due on that one?

If we use it but end up not sailing for some reason (given our track record that's a distinct possibility) do we lose the FCC?

2 hours ago, sadiwest said:

I've never had a future cruise credit, but are going to receive one soon as a result of an issue we had.  I've gotten the letter telling us it'll be mailed within 3 days, so I don't yet have access to much information.

If we already have a cruise booked, can we use the FCC towards some of the balance due on that one?

If we use it but end up not sailing for some reason (given our track record that's a distinct possibility) do we lose the FCC?

I wouldn't believe them about the 3 days. When I called them about ours, it hadn't even been issued, and I had to fax the letter to them . There should be a phone # on the letter you received to call about it. Ours had a year expiration date, but we were able to apply it to a cruise 2 years in advance, which was then cancelled by the virus. But we were able to use it on a cruise after that.  

So yes. If you already have a cruise booked, you should be able to apply it to that one. Give it a few weeks and then call the phone number. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1

We've gotten two of these due to issues onboard. Both times the concierge gave us a letter before we disembarked with details.

I then received an email from RCI (about 2 weeks later) and easily applied them to our already booked cruise's toward final payment.

There was an expiration date of one year on them.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, sadiwest said:

Yes you can use it on an already booked cruise.

If you cancel that cruise the FCC will be reinstated with it's original expiry date.

Certificates issued for on board issues usually have a use by and sail by date of 1 year and are non transferrable.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Coralc said:

I wouldn't believe them about the 3 days. When I called them about ours, it hadn't even been issued, and I had to fax the letter to them . There should be a phone # on the letter you received to call about it. Ours had a year expiration date, but we were able to apply it to a cruise 2 years in advance, which was then cancelled by the virus. But we were able to use it on a cruise after that.  

So yes. If you already have a cruise booked, you should be able to apply it to that one. Give it a few weeks and then call the phone number. 

Haha typo. Was meant to say 30 days. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ashland said:

We've gotten two of these due to issues onboard. Both times the concierge gave us a letter before we disembarked with details.

I then received an email from RCI (about 2 weeks later) and easily applied them to our already booked cruise's toward final payment.

There was an expiration date of one year on them.

Yes I have gotten the letter.  It's not in front of me but I believe it gave the 1 year detail and not much more detail.  There was a phone number to call if we do not receive it in 30 days as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sadiwest said:

There was a phone number to call if we do not receive it in 30 days as well. 

When I was in this situation, I had to call the number since nothing came in 30 days. It was a simple process when I called though. I just scanned the letter, emailed it to the agent and I had the FCC numbers 15 minutes later.

Edited by smokeybandit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1