AT&T on Carnival Venezia

theanoy

1 hour ago, theanoy said:

Has anyone used AT&T cruise ship plan on the Carnival Venezia?  Venezia is not on AT&T"s list of ships.  I was wondering if the list has not been updated, or is it correct.  

how do these plans work on a ship? interested in this . I know they are installing 5g on some ships .

We’ve done AT&T’s international day pass while in both England and Spain and loved it. You can’t beat $10 a day for unlimited use of your phone. And every time we were in port on our cruise we had great internet through that plan. But we haven’t tried AT&T’s cruise ship plan. Have you tried it before? Is it good? I’m wondering how well the speeds are. 

• Like 1

ON the ship the ATT plan is $100 per line.  IN port international plan is $10 per day.  Carnival Venezia is not listed on the ATT ship list.  It appears the list has not been updated to include Venezia moving to Carnival.  I was wondering if anyone has used the ATT plan on Venezia.  

3 minutes ago, LUVMYGSDOG said:

Planning on using the ATT plan next month on Mardi Gras instead of Carnival WiFi plan.  If anyone has used the ATT plan would love to hear how it worked for you!

Kim

If you mostly plan to need to make calls with only very occasional internet use (like just for emails, checking in to flights, etc) I guess it's a good option. But $100 for 1GB of data is a pretty bad deal. Carnival's wifi is a much better value.

21 minutes ago, LUVMYGSDOG said:

Planning on using the ATT plan next month on Mardi Gras instead of Carnival WiFi plan.  If anyone has used the ATT plan would love to hear how it worked for you!

Kim

I have used the AT&T $100 plan on several cruises and have had great success with making and receiving calls and texts. Knowing that their included data is very minimal, I’m reluctant to use it. It seems you could go through that data very quickly and end up with a big data bill at the end of the cruise. For this reason, I also purchase the Carnival WiFi Value plan to cover my data. The combination of both of these plans work great and the cost is worth it to me. I use the $10 AT&T International Day Pass while in port. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, VIFP1987 said:

I have used the AT&T $100 plan on several cruises and have had great success with making and receiving calls and texts. Knowing that their included data is very minimal, I’m reluctant to use it. It seems you could go through that data very quickly and end up with a big data bill at the end of the cruise. For this reason, I also purchase the Carnival WiFi Value plan to cover my data. The combination of both of these plans work great and the cost is worth it to me. I use the $10 AT&T International Day Pass while in port. 

Thank you - that’s what I need to know.  Mainly I want to be able to text (and make a few calls if needed)  to check on my animals.  Having to use Messenger with the Carnival WiFi doesn’t always work that great.  ATT also has a $60 plan that includes unlimited texting and a lower amount of WiFi.  The WiFi isn’t that important to me.

Kim

46 minutes ago, LUVMYGSDOG said:

Thank you - that’s what I need to know.  Mainly I want to be able to text (and make a few calls if needed)  to check on my animals.  Having to use Messenger with the Carnival WiFi doesn’t always work that great.  ATT also has a $60 plan that includes unlimited texting and a lower amount of WiFi.  The WiFi isn’t that important to me.

Kim

AT&T's cruise plan does not include wifi at all. Are you sure you understand what you're buying?