Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

14 hours ago, pstone1 said:

I just want to say that I am really enjoying this thread!  Thanks for creating it Pat!

We jumped onboard today, so hope to share a glass of wine with you and Bucky in the near future!  

Thanks!!  And OMG...I didn't know you two were on board!  Welcome!  How long are you on the cruise?  Hoping my CC friends on board will keep this going when Bucky and I depart in LA.  

And yes...it's a date for the wine!  🙂 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

This article is so full of mis-information!! There's a video clip in the article that is titled "Pinnacle Status Room vs Interior Cabin" with the BELOW paragraph by the Tik Toker " The purported Pinnacle Club member's room (as shown in the video) is an INFINITE VERANDA CABIN ON A CELEBRITY SHIP!! 

from the article "The beginning of the video is from TikToker @calma_floral, who is a Pinnacle Club member. She says after hearing the controversy over how Pinnacle members are treated differently, she’s showing viewers her room to prove “it’s really not that different from what the other people are showing.”

In her video, viewers see a bed, couch, vanity, chair, and a balcony with a small table and seating for two.

Next, the video cuts to a TikTok posted by user @little_rat_brain. In the clip, viewers see that her room is windowless and visibly smaller than the Pinnacle Club passenger’s room. "

I will only read/follow posts from those I know who are actually on the cruise and really appreciate what Pat @island lady is posting.

Aww...thanks!  And being a Pinnacle on this cruise actually means nada..zip...nothing.  Full WC and quarter cruisers get all the perks a Pinnacle normally gets, plus some. 

The full WC pax are the ones that really score. The free air fare, pre cruise hotel, dinner, party, transfer, multiple free excursions, etc...etc.   You could be a first time cruiser in an inside cabin on the full cruise and get all those perks.  

Just goes to show what those Tik Toc, You tube, wanna be Pinnacle bashers know about this cruise.  😄  

• Like 8

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Rogueperson said:

So is today a "turnaround day" where this leg of the cruise is over, and the next one begins?  Do the world cruisers act like b2b2b (x274 days)?  Or even segmented cruisers.  Did i miss a post about that?  We are on page 65.

TAD was pretty simple on this one.  Though I never booked the mini legs they added on later, so I still consider this a 63 night cruise for us.  

The only thing we had to do was walk down to the Safari deck to "ding out" on old card and ding back in with new one.  They sent our cards to our cabin the night before (since we were not changing cabins).  And we did not even have to do the safety briefing or muster yesterday. 

Best thing was getting another complimentary 3 bottles of wine delivered to the cabin.  😄 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 11

13 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Are they even sailing where the northern lights can be seen? I thought they were way too far south for that. (One of the things the blogger whines about - that some allegedly got invited to see them.) Regardless, I agree - she clearly doesn't understand how cruises work. There are almost always things that upper tiers are invited to that lower tiers aren't. It's just how things work.

LOL!  Agree!!  😄  I commented on that stupid thing that poster said earlier on.   How do you see the "northern" lights when you are southern?  🤣

It's that low IQ that type of poster exhibits.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

Those WC cruisers aren't back on the ship yet.  Still on their way according to some other social media posts.  Long day of travel for them.

Will see some of them tonight in the CL.  Looking forward to hearing their story.  🙂

And the northern lights are best seen in the winter time....in the north of course. 😄   Big tourist attraction in Alaska in January.  If you can stand the cold out there waiting for them to show up. 

With minimal light pollution and near-perfect visibility in some places, Greenland provides exceptional odds for viewing the milky-green lights. A three- or four-night stay during the aurora season (September to early April) offers the best chance of spotting them.15 dic 2023

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

just watched a you tube video about all the bad weather and it showed the water stained carpet in the gym area.   So far it sounds like the weather has only be nice about half the time.

Hoping for the best as you go around the horn and down near Falklands.

It's actually been pretty nice weather this whole week.  Some clouds moving in now here in Buenos Aires, but no rain yet...though predicted to have a chance of it.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, BND said:

LOL.  People got the cabin they paid for, regardless of status, just like any cruise.  

Exactly...thank you!!  First timers can book suites as well as seasoned cruisers...just have to pay "a bit extra" for it.  😉 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

never heard of a pinnacle room either.

I swear these tik tokers need to just shut up sometimes as they make stuff up 

Oh man...where is that Pinnacle cabin??!!   I want one!!  😄 😄 

• Haha 6

10 hours ago, pstone1 said:

Here are a couple of observations from our first day!  

The food we had for lunch today in the Windjammer and tonight for dinner in the MDR (My Time) was all piping hot and delicious!  Our MDR Waiter told us that each night, there will be an off menu “special”.  Tonight, it was a 6 oz Filet Mignon, which Jim ordered!  He said it was cooked perfectly, and delicious!  Tomorrow night’s off menu “special” will be swordfish, but we will be in Izumi.  We rarely eat in the MDR as we buy the the UDP, which wasn’t offered on this cruise.  We did get the 10 night package (the most offered) on each cruise, but if the MDR continues to impress us, we may cancel that for the next cruise.

As most of the FWC, and many others went to Iguazu Falls today, the ship seemed almost empty tonight!  We were almost alone at Vintages and there were only a few people at the Schooner Bar when we walked by after dinner!  The show tonight featured local Tango Dancers, Musicians, and Singer brought onboard for tonight only!  They were fantastic!

We are happy to be onboard!

First time we did not dine in the MDR was last night.  We went to the cooking experience in downtown BA...which was fantastic fun and great food!  🙂 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, pstone1 said:

Hi Carol!  We will be on till LA and then will re-board in Southampton until Amsterdam.

Same for us, disembarking in LA...but then rejoining in Barcelona through to Miami.  

• Like 2

Last night's cooking experience tour was the best so far!  Though really did not involve any real cooking except to take a lesson on Empanada assembly.  It was a very fun get together at a table for 12 in a room to our own downstairs.  There were 11 of us...again lucky to enjoy a smaller private type tour!  

Had many appetizers and fun making (and eating) our own Empanadas.  The guide, the chef, all the employees there were wonderful.  We all had such a great time!   And unlimited very good wine.  😉 

Our small tour van had a funny and informational guide on our 20-25 minute drive to the downtown restaurant.  We all donned our "chef's hats" and started in.  🙂 

20240105_172226.jpg

20240105_174644.jpg

20240105_175625.jpg

20240105_175851.jpg

• Like 14

Time to assemble the Empanadas...which were very tasty!  Paired up with more wine and many other appetizers...we all dug in.  😋  Then the dinner...OMG...my favorite was the bone in slow cooked roast beef, which literally fell off the bone.  

20240105_181827.jpg

20240105_192529.jpg

• Like 8

Another fun thing was the next Empanada assembly.  Our chef asked us to make the most outrageous shaped Empanada we could think of, which we all got pretty creative with. 😉 They collected our art work, then sent them to the kitchen for baking.  The kitchen staff was designated as judges for the winning entry.  

My creation won....but after all that wine...don't ask me what the thing was supposed to be. 🤣  They gave me a jar of Dulce De Leche (famous and popular local caramel sauce) as my winning prize.  

20240105_203437.jpg

20240106_060932.jpg

• Like 15
  • Haha 1

They also told us about the local favorite that the residents drink all day long (non alcoholic), called Mate.  A caffeine infused herbal drink.  They have traditional cups they use, fill it with the dried herbs, and pour hot water on top.  Special metal straw they use to sip the liquid up from the bottom.  Has a very unique taste for sure.  Eh...think I will stick to coffee.  😄 

20240105_201030.jpg

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

They also told us about the local favorite that the residents drink all day long (non alcoholic), called Mate.  A caffeine infused herbal drink.  They have traditional cups they use, fill it with the dried herbs, and pour hot water on top.  Special metal straw they use to sip the liquid up from the bottom.  Has a very unique taste for sure.  Eh...think I will stick to coffee.  😄 

20240105_201030.jpg

Sounds like you had a fun dose of local culture.  

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, island lady said:

Another fun thing was the next Empanada assembly.  Our chef asked us to make the most outrageous shaped Empanada we could think of, which we all got pretty creative with. 😉 They collected our art work, then sent them to the kitchen for baking.  The kitchen staff was designated as judges for the winning entry.  

My creation won....but after all that wine...don't ask me what the thing was supposed to be. 🤣  They gave me a jar of Dulce De Leche (famous and popular local caramel sauce) as my winning prize.  

20240105_203437.jpg

20240106_060932.jpg

I will have to e-mail you what your "creation" resembles!!!!!!!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

20 minutes ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

Sounds like you had a fun dose of local culture.  

Yes, we did...and loved every minute of it.  Thanks!  🙂   On to the next adventures.  🤗

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

I will have to e-mail you what your "creation" resembles!!!!!!!! 

LOL...I was afraid of that.  🤣  Bucky's entry was supposed to be a snake..I think...but I thought it looked like something that came out of the south end of a dog. 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

I can't wait for you to get to Antarctica.  That has always been a dream of mine.  

Mine too!  🥰  Bucky has spent quite a bit of time at the Cape during his career, but has also never been to Antarctica.  Looking forward to the Falklands and the overnight in Ushuaia also.  🙂 

• Like 2

Our favorite place for lunch when we are on the ship....love the salad bar and can get so creative by going from station to station.  We enjoy sitting out back on the aft behind the WJ in the fresh air.  Though lots of exhaust out there today due to stinky MSC cruise ship next to us and all the engine exhaust from the constant movement of freight yard traffic.  

MSC Musica arrived this morning, and Celebrity Eclipse has been here since yesterday morning.  All of us docked up with the container traffic.  Big container ships coming and going all the time.  Busy freight yards for sure...huge.  

20240106_094351.jpg

• Like 12

On 1/4/2024 at 1:54 PM, dbancroft said:

They should interview John and allow him back

My first thought when reading that! They lost a great opportunity... plus he has an interesting writing style!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, island lady said:

And the northern lights are best seen in the winter time....in the north of course. 😄   Big tourist attraction in Alaska in January.  If you can stand the cold out there waiting for them to show up. 

With minimal light pollution and near-perfect visibility in some places, Greenland provides exceptional odds for viewing the milky-green lights. A three- or four-night stay during the aurora season (September to early April) offers the best chance of spotting them.15 dic 2023

We have seen them a few times when the weather was exactly right from the southern shore of Lake Ontario (As long as we were away from any light pollution), and they were spectacular when my son and I took a week long canoe trek through the Algonquin Provincial Park in Northern Ontario  Provence

Edited by orville99
  • Like 4

55 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We have seen them a few times when the weather was exactly right from the southern shore of Lake Ontario (As long as we were away from any light pollution), and they were spectacular when my son and I took a week long canoe trek through the Algonquin Provincial Park in Northern Ontario  Provence

Saw them in Northern Michigan on a good year, out in middle nowhere Camping, no light pollution and a clear night

• Like 3

Just posting to say my husband and I are on the whole cruise and I try to read this thread when I can, but there are days when I don't.  Confirming that the weather has overall been wonderful -- we were in the theater when the sudden wind came and the rain came in on decks 12 and 5 and the captain changed course, etc. We didn't even notice it.  It was handled quickly and efficiently by Royal Caribbean and I probably wouldn't have noticed anything except that they had out fans drying the area near the elevators.  I did hear about it from people who experienced it, though. Here's a photo I took at Iguazu Falls yesterday -- we had a great time!  The weather was perfect and there's no way to really convey how amazing the falls are in person. 

01IguazuFalls4.jpeg

• Like 46
  • Thanks 7