MSC with a baby

amurray88

Hello all,

I'm thinking of booking a cruise with my wife and baby (9 months at time of cruise).

We're already doing a P&O cruise in January (when he'll be 6 months) and just wanted to see what MSC offer.

To put it into context we've had alot of trouble with P&O HOWEVER, their actual set up is very good. They offer:

Cots and sterilisers in your cabin

Received an order form for all the baby food jars I wanted (included in cruise fare)

Night nursery (8 hours of free baby care each night from 6pm-2am)

Outwith baby jars, they also have offered any food in the MDR can be mashed/blended for him.

What are MSC like?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, amurray88 said:

Hello all,

I'm thinking of booking a cruise with my wife and baby (9 months at time of cruise).

We're already doing a P&O cruise in January (when he'll be 6 months) and just wanted to see what MSC offer.

To put it into context we've had alot of trouble with P&O HOWEVER, their actual set up is very good. They offer:

Cots and sterilisers in your cabin

Received an order form for all the baby food jars I wanted (included in cruise fare)

Night nursery (8 hours of free baby care each night from 6pm-2am)

Outwith baby jars, they also have offered any food in the MDR can be mashed/blended for him.

What are MSC like?

Thanks!

Others on here will be able to explain how to cruise with a baby.

I happen to know from the P&O forum that you're cruising from the UK, and quite possibly on Virtuosa.   There's a UK cruisers thread on this MSC forum (near the top of the page).for anything specific to the UK.

However, if you haven't seen this ...   https://www.msccruises.co.uk/blog/cruising-with-infants

16 minutes ago, showingdiva said:

Others on here will be able to explain how to cruise with a baby.

I happen to know from the P&O forum that you're cruising from the UK, and quite possibly on Virtuosa.   There's a UK cruisers thread on this MSC forum (near the top of the page).for anything specific to the UK.

However, if you haven't seen this ...   https://www.msccruises.co.uk/blog/cruising-with-infants

Hello!

Sorry, it's Azura and from Tenerife for the P&O one 👌

On 12/3/2023 at 10:27 AM, raino144 said:

Have a look at the couple of threads I have posted, we have sailed both Seaside and Grandiosa with young children. MSC Baby club is excellent and allows 2x 2 hour slots per day. 

Thanks Raino - spotted some when you travelled with a 2 year old (although I think that may be braver than travelling with a 9 month old!).

Did you travel when they were younger?

Sorry, can I ask a couple of questions if that's ok?

Did MSC provide steriliser/cot/hot water when required etc?

Did they offer baby food at all?

Lastly, the baby club - you attend this with your baby is that right? Sorry just double checking as P&O offer free childcare so just wanted to make sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

My little one was 16 months old on his first MSC cruise. We bought our own travel cot. They will not provide a mattress for the cot so I suggest buying a travel mattress to bring with you. Also highly recommend buying a snoozeshade as they are brilliant so you can black out the cot but you don't need to sit in darkness if you're back in the cabin.

He used the baby club and loved it. Not sure what the age is for this though. 

There is a kettle in the room so you can make bottles. 

Can you tell me more about the P&O night care please? I've not heard of this. Do they sleep in a communal area at the creche?

Curious if you can do excursions with a child in the baby club?  Last cruise I went with my grandson they said I could leave him onboard and do stuff.  But did an excursion with him (he was 7)  this year thinking of taking all the kids/grandchildren and wanted to do Stingray city, but the 2 yr old is a bit young for that.

• 4 months later...
On 12/14/2023 at 1:20 PM, beckyboo1986 said:

Hi

My little one was 16 months old on his first MSC cruise. We bought our own travel cot. They will not provide a mattress for the cot so I suggest buying a travel mattress to bring with you. Also highly recommend buying a snoozeshade as they are brilliant so you can black out the cot but you don't need to sit in darkness if you're back in the cabin.

He used the baby club and loved it. Not sure what the age is for this though. 

There is a kettle in the room so you can make bottles. 

Can you tell me more about the P&O night care please? I've not heard of this. Do they sleep in a communal area at the creche?

Just seen this apologies!

On P&O you get a pager and the babies sleep in cots that are separated by curtains in the normal creche area 🙂 if your baby wakes up they page you.