Included air with Regent

jjwoben1

13 hours ago, SusieAV8R said:

Ok, so dumb question #gazillion:  explain what "deviate" means, please?🤔

"deviate" means request a specific airline flight date class and get your flight earlier than you would if you waited for regent to pick your flights for you.  For instate a deviate is a : "cruise ends in rome but I choose to fly out of milan 14 days later than the end date and only wanted one stop max and requested American one world." 

I got that route at no extra cost but then there was a schedule change 3 months later and the BA/American connection didn't work so they rebooked me on delta.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lonedaddy said:

"deviate" means request a specific airline flight date class and get your flight earlier than you would if you waited for regent to pick your flights for you.  For instate a deviate is a : "cruise ends in rome but I choose to fly out of milan 14 days later than the end date and only wanted one stop max and requested American one world." 

I got that route at no extra cost but then there was a schedule change 3 months later and the BA/American connection didn't work so they rebooked me on delta.  

Thanks Lonedaddy for the fabulously helpful example! 😀

On 12/13/2023 at 8:48 PM, SusieAV8R said:

Ok, so dumb question #gazillion:  explain what "deviate" means, please?🤔

Let me just add.... you can actually deviate and still arrive on the day of your cruise if you want (any day actually).  You pick your flights up to 210 days out (remember there's a $175 fee pp to deviate) and get seat assignments (on many airlines).  Also your return.  If you do choose to arrive the day of the cruise (or a day early if you have a free hotel night), you can still use Regent transportation.  If you arrive early you do not get transportation from the airport.  We were supposed to be on a cruise that ended in Rome a couple months ago (had to cancel due to Covid...long story).  I deviated our flight home from Rome 210 days out, but since we were going direct to the airport from the ship, I had Regent transportation from the ship to the airport.  

Anyway, just thought I'd mention this.  Deviation is ALWAYS the way to go in my opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, papaflamingo said:

If you arrive early you do not get transportation from the airport.  

I think if you book the hotel through regent for extra nights they give you the transportation from airport to hotel and then to ship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Lonedaddy said:

I think if you book the hotel through regent for extra nights they give you the transportation from airport to hotel and then to ship.

Correct. Same thing if you have a Regent land program that includes additional nights.

7 hours ago, bitob said:

A good ta can explain all of this to you and guide you through the process 

My "problem" is that I like to control all aspects of cruise bookings, which means collecting information.   (DH bought me as plaque that says "I a not a control freak but let me show you the right way to do it".  🤣)

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, SusieAV8R said:

My "problem" is that I like to control all aspects of cruise bookings, which means collecting information.   (DH bought me as plaque that says "I a not a control freak but let me show you the right way to do it".  🤣)

The info you get from a good ta is generally better than cc. Some info on cc is inaccurate 

• Thanks 1