ISO Updated Beach Club Recommendation

dvppaul

Looking for an updated recommendations since some beach clubs have closed since covid. We have always went to Tropicante and enjoyed it. We are not big drinkers so we don't need all-inclusive but we do like those cheap massages, LOL. I see Krazy Lobster is popular but also see some negative reviews. Any other suggestions? TIA

2 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

I thinnk YaYa and Pez Quadro still have walk on options.  Both have been around a long time.

Krazy Lobster has expanded into places left vacant by other clubs.

I think Pez Quadro only allows PAYG  in restaurant - I am not sure if you can walk into beach area? Their beach club has always seemed loud and expensive but a lot of crew members get passes there.

Don’t get me started on Yaya pricing. They did a bait and switch on us last year when we went to book and wanted $50 for two loungers, NO food and drink included. Hoping you have better luck because I was really wanting to give them a try.

Unfortunately many clubs along the malecon have gone to AI, or at least a cover charge. I don't have a problem with minimum cover, credited to food and drinks I do object to $50 for two loungers considering the lack of amenities in Mahahual. We used to like to bar hop along the malecon, now that is cost prohibitive. 

Krazy Lobster serves its purpose in my opinion - it is large, busy but reasonably honest (which doesn’t apply to everywhere on the malecon) but not somewhere i would want to stay more than a couple of hours.

We used to go to Malecon21 regularly pre-Covid, moving on there from Tropicante. They do have a minimum charge to include lounger or you can PAYG if you sit in lounge area across the road from beach. When cruising resumed ambience and service were lacking but hopefully they have got their act together again by now.

We have also enjoyed Hotel Luna De Plata, just outside main malecon, but it has been a long time ago now. Beach is not great and I don’t know if their location would be protected from sargassum by the off-shore baffles. There are a few more newer clubs in that area that we haven’t tried.

Edited by c-leg5

2 hours ago, Sir_Randy said:

We are going back to Tropicante in January for the 1st time since the new owners. Hope it is as much fund and reasonable as when Steve owned.

Let us know how It goes. We tried to return shortly after cruising resumed and it was very run down. Hopefully things have picked up again and don’t get rail roaded by El Faro next door. 

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 1