Do they still polish shoes?

Mary229

5 minutes ago, Lakesregion said:

Wow. I thought the cruise lines had stopped polishing shoes when they did away with the night Hall Boys. Where and who does the polishing?

The crew, in your room while you're asleep:

6343d80f624834af90c5911f6442136d.jpg.e126802d979cbc6f284f29037352a66e.jpg

• Haha 6

15 hours ago, Lakesregion said:

Where and who does the polishing?

I asked that question at the Coffee Chat with the Hotel Director.....

He said HAL has a special crew of 3 that only polish shoes.  They are located next to cabin 8003 (and can be heard all night polishing so avoid that cabin). They use only sustainable, organic, scent free shoe polish with recycled cloth made from old Riedel wine glasses and confiscated plastic bottles.  On your shoe shine form, you can write in that you only want the heel or front tips of wing tips polished.

There is no charge for anyone but it is included as a Club Orange Benefit (CO folks get their shoes returned in a special keepsake orange bag made from recycled Pinnacle tablecloths). 

(This is all made up and not true.....I'm just trying to get more laughs than @Sir PMP)

Enjoy the journey...and the shoe shine.

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

On 12/3/2023 at 7:05 PM, seachef318 said:

As of February they still did - even got my husband’s white sneakers cleaned for us 

On a recent cruise to Iceland, my black sneakers got all muddy on a rainy day visit to the mud pots scenic area.  When I got back to the ship, I asked our cabin steward if they had a brush I could use to try to clean them.  He gave me a brush, and after 15 minutes of work, they looked better but far from perfect.

I never thought about giving them to the shoe polishing people, and the steward never volunteered we could do that.  Has anybody else given sneakers for shoe polishing and if so, how did it turn out?