Picture-A-Week 2023 - Week 49

pierces

Pictures taken between Monday, November 4 and Sunday, December 10.

Major holidays abound! (As do photo-ops.) Take advantage of the season and share your photos.

Rules: See above

That's it. This isn't a contest.

All photos taken this week are welcome (not just cruising).

Prizes will not be awarded. Discovering the joy of photography is the prize.

The idea is to get folks out using their cameras for more than vacations and toddler birthdays.

Post one. Post many. Up to you.

Have fun with your camera and share your fun with others!

This week was the annual in-house Christmas show at Jackie's skating rink. All the skaters got to perform alone, in groups or both and Jackie did it all. She loves the ice and truly has a talent for the sport. Because of the limited seating at full competitions, we seldom watch all the locals compete and it was good to see that the local coaches are turning out some really accomplished skaters. Including Jackie. The Picture-A-Week project is supposed to feature pictures representing something notable that happened during that week, and this was no exception. We got to see that hard work and perseverance pays off even when that work is fun, and you have a natural talent for it. Congratulations on a great performance, Jackie (especially the previous absent smile!)

Taaaaa-Daaaaa!

2023-49Taaaa-Daaaaaa.thumb.jpg.dc42d19adbcd2e56cf5975b77bd6ce66.jpg

Dave

• Like 4

On 12/9/2023 at 2:36 PM, pierces said:

This week was the annual in-house Christmas show at Jackie's skating rink. All the skaters got to perform alone, in groups or both and Jackie did it all. She loves the ice and truly has a talent for the sport. Because of the limited seating at full competitions, we seldom watch all the locals compete and it was good to see that the local coaches are turning out some really accomplished skaters. Including Jackie. The Picture-A-Week project is supposed to feature pictures representing something notable that happened during that week, and this was no exception. We got to see that hard work and perseverance pays off even when that work is fun, and you have a natural talent for it. Congratulations on a great performance, Jackie (especially the previous absent smile!)

Taaaaa-Daaaaa!

2023-49Taaaa-Daaaaaa.thumb.jpg.dc42d19adbcd2e56cf5975b77bd6ce66.jpg

Dave

But does she have a triple axel yet?? What did she skate to?

She is beautiful and I hope she is enjoying skating. I am looking forward to getting back on the ice in January.

17 hours ago, PurpleHays said:

But does she have a triple axel yet?? What did she skate to?

She is beautiful and I hope she is enjoying skating. I am looking forward to getting back on the ice in January.

She's 7, so the triple is a ways off. 🙂

She can, however, do a nice axel and is doing very well with her spins and the other compulsory moves required at her freestyle level. 

She doesn't enjoy skating. She LOVES skating. She would be on the ice for hours every day if her parents wanted to stop eating and live in their car to pay for it. 

Music? I have no idea. it was Christmassy and pretty and her finish timing was nearly perfect. 

Dave

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pierces said:

She's 7, so the triple is a ways off. 🙂

She can, however, do a nice axel and is doing very well with her spins and the other compulsory moves required at her freestyle level. 

She doesn't enjoy skating. She LOVES skating. She would be on the ice for hours every day if her parents wanted to stop eating and live in their car to pay for it. 

Music? I have no idea. it was Christmassy and pretty and her finish timing was nearly perfect. 

Dave

I'm 60, so the triple is never, the single axel is a dream. 

It's good that she loves skating. Starting so young, maybe she won't realize how hard it really is. I started as a middle-ager, so it is hard indeed. Keep enjoying her performances.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...