Live from Silhouette 4-14 December 2023 have questions? Just ask

cruisestitch

1 hour ago, bikerunner said:

I just got off a b2b on the sil on Monday.  Plenty of choices in mdr, looks like they reeverted back to what they had taken off the menus.  Food was very good to outstanding in mdr.  Tbh my least favorite meal was murano overall. Was good but not great like it has been in past. Thought mdr was just as good or better overall.  

I was also on the same itin as bikerunner and I had the Decoy (when available) and did not get an upcharge.  As mentioned by OP, this may be a very recent change. It could be that Decoy was offered in specialty (ie Tuscan) but I don't specifically recall.   Also (everyone probably knows this already) the Celebrity Opulence (by Grigich Hills) has been replaced by the Celebrity Elegance by Kendall Jackson.  The Opulence was available but at an upcharge.  The Kendall Jackson Elegance (both the Chardonnay and the Cabernet) is what we drank on most occasions.  I agree the food was good in MDR, and we dined in twice in Murano, Tuscan, and LCG.  We will cut back our specialty dining on following cruises as it's just too much food for us.   We did have 'dinner' in the OVC once or twice on the nights we didn't want to 'go out' and it was perfectly fine - particularly if you're ok with a few slices and some salad...

Last January Elegance Cabernet was $11 a glass: now it's $19.  That's a 72.27% increase.  I'm astonished.  And very annoyed.  There can be no justification for an increase of that size.  So I upgraded to the premium package and now there are no premium red wines in the package.  This may be the straw that breaks the camel's  back.  X is begging for me to cruise with another company after 30 cruises with them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

How is the storage in the cabin.  I am on reflection now and there is 3 draws total in the cabin (not including the bathroom draws and no shelving in the closet.  I was in Sillohette in January but I don't remember it being a problem.  Millennium was much better designed for storage.

1 hour ago, tschwa2 said:

How is the storage in the cabin.  I am on reflection now and there is 3 draws total in the cabin (not including the bathroom draws and no shelving in the closet.  I was in Sillohette in January but I don't remember it being a problem.  Millennium was much better designed for storage.

Storage is the same as Reflection.  Three large drawers in the stateroom plus one at the desk.  No shelves in the closet.  Some open shelving in the bathroom.  Large storage area above the bed.

22 hours ago, md80fan said:

We will be on Silhouette in early 2024. My father is obsessed with stir fry. If you are in the Oceanview Buffet any chance of finding out if the stir fry station still operates at lunch or dinner or both. This will be our first time on Celebrity and he absolutely loves the stir fry station that we had on Royal's Oasis class ships.He just loves having those hot and spicy dishes made up.

I ate in the oceanview Café last night, and there was definitely a stirfry station at dinner

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

These are from MDR.  No idea if Luminae has anything different

E44939B2-A344-4B7A-B65B-919D0E35A6A8.jpeg

944F2809-5751-4A73-8197-87A5FD2DE5F2.jpeg

Thank You for this information.  My DW is very happy with the Elegance Chardonnay, so we're good there.  I will likely try the last 3 reds and the KJ PN on our upcoming Spring 2024 to Bermuda.  We did manage to update from classic to prem for $6.99 per day per person, so there is that 🙂  Maybe that is the strategy .... get us to upgrade to premium at a very attractive price, then price the desirable wines above the prem max 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

Storage is the same as Reflection.  Three large drawers in the stateroom plus one at the desk.  No shelves in the closet.  Some open shelving in the bathroom.  Large storage area above the bed.

You have to over the bed storage!

1 hour ago, Texed said:

Did you say waffle?  😋

Yes and I thought of you as I enjoyed my dinner-time waffle with strawberries and whipped cream and sprinkles.  They also had chocolate waffles. And my friend enjoyed one of those with whipped cream and cookie crumbles.  

also they had fried chicken last night for those who like fried chicken ‘n’ waffles😀

• Like 5
  • Haha 1