Mariner Number

mcrcruiser

From past conversations with Holland America representative we where told that our Mariner number controlled all bonuses automatically added to our  new bookings . Now we come to find  out that we have to tell our Travel agent with our booking number what we deserve for the new booking or we need to get a HAL  representative on the phone .  

This seems to us a problem . Why is this happening with this cruise line ? We expect more than just lip service & has it all happened to you  ?

For our Carnival Stock credits that we handle ourselves to get them applied to each booking 

3 minutes ago, shipshape sam said:

Unless I am missing something, your TA should know your Mariner status and  request any bonuses that you have earned/deserve.

although our TA has been in business many years with the volume of new bookings we are finding thast they as well as other TAs we have used are being over whelmed with new bookings ;as proven by  the statistics of new record bookings .Thus ,they miss these details & in fact they truly do not ccare to spend their time on  setting the on board vreots unless we remind them of these facts . This imo is the real world not what we wish . However ,by the same token  all holland Reps should  not tell customers that  your Mariner number controls  all on board credits that are deserved like early booking OBCs , AARP  OBCs  , welcome back OBCs  .We can't tell you how many times we heard from their reps that your Mariner number controls the OBCs . But ,yo get thos OBCs it is needed that we personally follow up 

26 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

From past conversations with Holland America representative we where told that our Mariner number controlled all bonuses automatically added to our  new bookings . Now we come to find  out that we have to tell our Travel agent with our booking number what we deserve for the new booking or we need to get a HAL  representative on the phone .  

This seems to us a problem . Why is this happening with this cruise line ? We expect more than just lip service & has it all happened to you  ?

For our Carnival Stock credits that we handle ourselves to get them applied to each booking 

The Carnival stock  has to be proven as being presently current, so a blanket OBC for stock that was owned during the last cruise might not be applicable for the current cruise.  OTOH, the military benefit, once verified, does not likely vanish.  Even the AARP requires current membership, does it not?

1 minute ago, Tampa Girl said:

The Carnival stock  has to be proven as being presently current, so a blanket OBC for stock that was owned during the last cruise might not be applicable for the current cruise.  OTOH, the military benefit, once verified, does not likely vanish.  Even the AARP requires current membership, does it not?

We are not talking about the OBC for the Carnival stock .That we take vcare of ourselves . Yes the AARP program must be updayed with HAL corp every year .That is Not what this thread ias about . What this thread is about is  what HAL reps have told us that all On board Credits due us are controlled by the Mariner number . So ,there are early booking bonus ,there are welcome back OBC  bonus ,there are current AARP OBC bonus ie  .This is what we are finding out is that it is not automatic as we have been told .you must now be vigilant to get all  the On Board Credits that you deserve for new bookings . Thus ,the  purpose of this thread  is to make aware of the un suspecting  holland america   customer of  what is necessary in todays booking a new cruise . 

We now keep sending e-mails to ur Travel Agent to follow up on what we deserve  .There is a lot of money invplved when you have many new bookings   for  earned on board credits .We have 4  bookings with   HAL  

Just now, *Miss G* said:

I think you may be misinterpreting what they mean by your mariner # controlling your OBC.  It doesn’t mean that it knows everything and will do all the work for you.

(Also… in before the lock!)

But that is what HAL reps have told us .both myself & my wife on different pgone conversations . when it happens to other people seems to me to be a different story .Well it is going to happen .We are finding a lot od inconsistency .I will no longer waste my time advising people of this . I have posted the problem so let every one deal with it in their own way 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

We are not talking about the OBC for the Carnival stock .That we take vcare of ourselves . Yes the AARP program must be updayed with HAL corp every year .That is Not what this thread ias about . What this thread is about is  what HAL reps have told us that all On board Credits due us are controlled by the Mariner number . So ,there are early booking bonus ,there are welcome back OBC  bonus ,there are current AARP OBC bonus ie  .This is what we are finding out is that it is not automatic as we have been told .you must now be vigilant to get all  the On Board Credits that you deserve for new bookings . Thus ,the  purpose of this thread  is to make aware of the un suspecting  holland america   customer of  what is necessary in todays booking a new cruise . 

We now keep sending e-mails to ur Travel Agent to follow up on what we deserve  .There is a lot of money invplved when you have many new bookings   for  earned on board credits .We have 4  bookings with   HAL  

My only comment is that HAL is remarkably consistent in their remarkable inconsistency. For our booking, our Mariner number did default to our receiving the AARP benefit (during rebooking an existing reservation) and the Mariner early booking benefit. We were not eligible for the welcome back benefit.

To me, it looks like sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. Our TA assumed it would work and did no follow-up, but none was needed. Obviously, not your situation.