Excursions and transfers on last day of cruise

travelberlin

I have been looking at the cruise planner to see if I can book an excursion for the last day of my cruise. My flight is late in the evening and I am interested on an excursion which ends at the airport. Unfortunately I do not see any thing offered at the cruise planner.

Does Crystal offer excursions that end at the airport on debarkation day? Or does Crystal offer shared transfers to the airport? My port of debarkation is Miami. Unfortunately as a solo passenger, I am afraid that a private transfer might be too expensive.

Ivi

Edited by travelberlin

Ivi,

Crystal most definitely offers shared transfers to the Miami airport.  It will be noted in Reflections for you to sign up for.  

Rob posted debarkation information yesterday and it shows the group transfer time when they will leave the ship.  

I am not sure for those on late flights if they will offer a group transfer for those in the same "boat" where you can stay in a lounge at a hotel. Possibly someone on the current or recent Miami voyages will know.

Keith

• Thanks 1

On the current cruise ending tomorrow in San Juan, there were insufficient pax with late departing flights to offer a day-of-debarkation airport transfer that included a hospitality venue or a tour enroute to the airport. Only the group transfer, direct from the ship to the airport is offered. It is $50/pp.

Since we have a very late afternoon flight tomorrow, we have booked a day room at a nearby hotel. We’ll Uber pier-hotel-airport on our own, and enjoy the hotel’s amenities during the day, prior to going to the airport later in the day.

Rob

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for your answers Keith and Rob. 

I understand that with few people sailing nowadays, it is difficult to manage a group big enough with flights in the evening. This might be even more difficult in Miami, where probably many passengers come from USA. But it looks like my sailing has sold well, so maybe there will be enough passengers to put a group together.

I would prefer to have a one day/or half day excursion than to be transferred to a lounge or hotel. Usually cruise lines offer several excursions for debarking guests with flights after 15.00. But again it probably depends of the demand. But as long there is no offer, there cannot be a demand. We would have to start looking for alternatives.

Ivi

On another, similar note, on this cruise many of the shore excursions that were on offer for pre-reservations during the check in process, were canceled once onboard due to insufficient pax interest. Just be prepared and have a back-up “plan b” in the event a tour is cancelled due to lack of participation. With the lower pax numbers onboard, this is definitely a possibility.

Rob

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ryndam said:

On another, similar note, on this cruise many of the shore excursions that were on offer for pre-reservations during the check in process, were canceled once onboard due to insufficient pax interest. Just be prepared and have a back-up “plan b” in the event a tour is cancelled due to lack of participation. With the lower pax numbers onboard, this is definitely a possibility.

Rob

Thank you. Good that you mention this. Although I have experienced some shore excursions cancellations due to not meeting the number of guests of the particular excursion, this has never happened on excursions that implied the guests had counted on them to get to the airport for their flights. This is why a ship’s excursion on the port of debarkation is attractive, because there is like a guarantee that the guest will be able to get to the airport on time after having an enjoyable time exploring in the port of debarkation.

Ivi

Edited by travelberlin

2 hours ago, ryndam said:

On the current cruise ending tomorrow in San Juan, there were insufficient pax with late departing flights to offer a day-of-debarkation airport transfer that included a hospitality venue or a tour enroute to the airport. Only the group transfer, direct from the ship to the airport is offered. It is $50/pp.

Since we have a very late afternoon flight tomorrow, we have booked a day room at a nearby hotel. We’ll Uber pier-hotel-airport on our own, and enjoy the hotel’s amenities during the day, prior to going to the airport later in the day.

Rob

In relation to the day room at the hotel you have booked. How do you book this? Do you book directly through the hotel? I only see the possibility to book for the night when I search online. And the hotels only let you check in at 15.00. 

Ivi

37 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

In relation to the day room at the hotel you have booked. How do you book this? Do you book directly through the hotel? I only see the possibility to book for the night when I search online. And the hotels only let you check in at 15.00. 

Ivi

Try ResortPass and enter the location you are interested.

https://www.resortpass.com/?utm_source=google-paid&utm_medium=paid-search&utm_campaign=Bamboo_Search_Brand&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiAmsurBhBvEiwA6e-WPHxCY57RJh6xzPrVdbKt1SqEhvJ9mbqlgOaNDlC1lig0_sk2QFb5shoCxGsQAvD_BwE

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, travelberlin said:

Ivi

Suggestion.

Post on the Florida Ports Of Call Board.  Several knowledgeable people who can give you advice including hotels for day rooms.

Keith

• Thanks 1

Thank you all very much for your advice on my question. I have just booked via Resortpass a hotel of my preference for the day on which my cruise ends. 

Your help has remind me how valuable the cruise critic community is. Thanks again. 👌

Ivi

• Like 3