Just off Sky Princess

MISTER 67

58 minutes ago, pynnkar said:

For those that have sailed on Sky Princess… have you found any aha! areas or hidden gems?  For example, on one ship we sailed on, we found one coffee machine that freshly ground the beans for every cup… all other machines were just dispensing pre-brewed.  The freshly ground machine took a few extra seconds and most people avoided it - not us!  Looking for your tips!!

Just a tip.  We are coffee/cappuccino addicts and need to have our morning fix.  On Princess my norm is to be out of the cabin (while DW still sleeps) and head to the IC for my first morning fix.  But on the Sky (a few weeks ago) I was surprised to find a long queue at the IC, all waiting for their morning fix.  That was the norm for our two weeks and I suspect was just luck of the draw with our passenger demographics and the common Plus/Permiere packages which include IC coffee drinks.  

We eventually realized that the Princess Live Bar, is also open pretty early (usually by 8:00) and also makes capuccino/latte drinks.  There was either no or very little wait at Princess Live, so we often go there to get our morning fix.   The other option is to simply find a seat in the Atrium area and use the app to order a coffee drink.  Eventually, one of the waiters will come along and deliver the drink...avoiding waiting in a queue to order and another wait until they call your name at the IC.

In fairness to Princess, they must be well-aware of the morning congestion at the IC because they would publish, in the daily printed schedule, a list of places where folks could get coffee drinks.   

Hank

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 12/25/2023 at 11:22 AM, Hlitner said:

Just a tip.  We are coffee/cappuccino addicts and need to have our morning fix.  On Princess my norm is to be out of the cabin (while DW still sleeps) and head to the IC for my first morning fix.  But on the Sky (a few weeks ago) I was surprised to find a long queue at the IC, all waiting for their morning fix.  That was the norm for our two weeks and I suspect was just luck of the draw with our passenger demographics and the common Plus/Permiere packages which include IC coffee drinks.  

We eventually realized that the Princess Live Bar, is also open pretty early (usually by 8:00) and also makes capuccino/latte drinks.  There was either no or very little wait at Princess Live, so we often go there to get our morning fix.   The other option is to simply find a seat in the Atrium area and use the app to order a coffee drink.  Eventually, one of the waiters will come along and deliver the drink...avoiding waiting in a queue to order and another wait until they call your name at the IC.

In fairness to Princess, they must be well-aware of the morning congestion at the IC because they would publish, in the daily printed schedule, a list of places where folks could get coffee drinks.   

Hank

LOL! We also discovered the Princess Live Bar and it was super convenient for us.

On 12/9/2023 at 3:52 PM, MISTER 67 said:

Just off Sky Princess, 7 day Eastern Caribbean to Princess Cays, San Juan and St. Thomas.

Very nice cruise with almost perfect weather, we had a couple of sprinkles and yesterday morning the seas were a bit rougher, didn’t bother us but some people had some issues. We dis-embarked this AM at 6:30, we live in Punta Gorda Fl and were home by 9:12. That’s the earliest walk off we’ve ever experienced and this was our 72nd cruise.

I usually grade our cruises in various categories on a scale of 1 to 10 so here goes.

Ship Condition 9.5

Ship Cleanliness 9.9

Cabin service 9.5

MDR food 8.5

MDR Service 9.5

Buffet food 8.0

Buffet service 9.0 

Guest services 9.5

Bar and International Cafe service 9.5

Entertainment in main showroom 8.0

Activities 9.5

Cruise director and staff 9.5

Shipboard activities 9.9

My scores might seem a bit high but we are low maintenance people and hardly ever complain.

I will try to answer any questions.

Yay! You disembarked and didn’t debark!

Everything you post from now on will be perfect. X

• Like 1